4 yr old & his 2 imaginary friends? How much do I encourage it? My ex buys the "friends" gifts. I disagree

My son has 2 friends that appear often & he talks about them & things he does with them. I ask about them & what they did but I do not go in to exaderated detail. My ex buys gifts from them for my son and sends them party invites. He makes a HUGE(almost like a joke) deal out of them & I do not think that is the... show more My son has 2 friends that appear often & he talks about them & things he does with them. I ask about them & what they did but I do not go in to exaderated detail. My ex buys gifts from them for my son and sends them party invites. He makes a HUGE(almost like a joke) deal out of them & I do not think that is the right thing. My son is at home with his mom as daycare when I do not have off so he really does not have other little friends to play with daily. They are discouraging preschool because " my daughter did not go & she turned out fine". They are different personalities & I think my son needs the social interaction. Am I wrong & maybe letting my ex know that his exuberance with it is a little too excessive? Other than him being upset with me for saying anything, I just do not want my son to rely too much on his "friends".
8 answers 8