Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsBirds · 1 decade ago

questions about online poultry hatcheries?

are there any hatcheries that let you buy a small order of chicks instead of having to buy like 25

Favorite Answer

Yes there is one here in Ohio that the minimum is 15

It is called Mt.Healthy Hatchery

http://www.mthealthy.com.

They supply the Tractor Supply stores in the area I live in

I have bought the chicks they are always healthy and hardy.

I know of 2 Hatcheries i have dealt with in Ohio; Mt. Healthy Hatcheries in Cincinnati. I have ordered from them for years and have always received great quality chicks and have received really friendly and professional service. They Will ship as few as 15 at a time. I also tried a new on line Hatchery called Healthy Chicks and More that will send orders as small as 10 chicks. I got a small order of Barred Rock Hens from them last year that are gorgeous. I will be ordering more chicks from both these companies. I hope this helps.

For generations my farming family has always bought baby chicks for a hatchery in Ohio Mt Healthy Hatcheries. Now that my kids are in 4H I am now also purchasing chicks from them in a much smaller order of 15 chicks and they are great. My neighbor buys a couple of chicks and ducks and they get them from Tractor supply and but I am told Mt Healthy hatcheries supply them with the birds.

I have ordered 15 chicks from Healthychicksandmore.com in Ohio for the last couple of years and the chicks were outstanding . Chicks were delivered on time and all alive and health as promised. I had been ordering from a hatchery in Missouri they did not deliver on the date promised and always lost a few chicks.

Mt Healthy Hatcheries www.mthealthy.com is a good place to order chicks and they will ship 15 - 25 chicks and I also just noticed you can order 10 chicks from Healthychicksandmore.com. I have order from both several time both have good service and healthy chicks.

Good luck

There are several places to get small orders - most are 20 week old pullets however.

http://www.UBuilderPlans.com has a whole section on where to get your pullets. Check it out!

tricky step. do a search with the search engines. that could help!