What is the difference, if any, between...?

a crow, a blackbird and a raven?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Crows and ravens are both members of the Corvidae family (along with rooks, jackdaws and magpies) and are closely related (they are all in the genus Corvus). Raven species are larger than crow species. Both are large, black, intelligent omnivores.

"Blackbird" is a somewhat generic term for any black bird, but in the US at least, blackbirds are members of the Icteridae family (along with meadowlarks, bobolinks, grackles and orioles). The blackbirds are some of the smaller icterids and are commonly associated with marshy or swampy areas. They are seed and insect eaters. Many have brightly colored patches, such as the red-winged blackbird's epaulets, or the yellow-headed blackbird's yellow head.

In Europe, the common blackbird is actually a member of the thrush family and is most closely related to birds like the American robin.

• Todd
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Crows and Ravens are members of the Crovus genus, The blackbird is a thrush, in the genus Turdus. They are both "passerine" birds, so they share the same taxonomic Order, but different families.

As for appearance, Crows and Ravens are both larger and longer than blackbirds, with Ravens being the largest. Blackbirds are rounder.

• 4 years ago

A ton of kids these days are trying hard to look "emo" because they think it looks cool. If someone is TRYING to look emo or whatever, they just come across as immature kids seeking attention. Emo is mostly just a clothing style involving dark colors and piercings. They do not have suicidal thoughts any more than other people. Emos are usually younger teens wanting to get attention. True goths actually follow the gothic religion and wear all black, with black hair. Never heard of juggalos! Scene is mostly just known for the huge hairstyles. Most punks like color. You're right about the mohawks and spikes. I have had many friends go through the "emo wannabe" phase, and so did I. And now that we're older we realize how dumb and immature we were. I've learned my lesson the hard way! Hope I helped. Have an awesome week

• 1 decade ago

crows are bigger than blackbirds but smaller than the raven, the blackbird has a slight blue tint, the raven is sometimes purpleish, and the crow is jet black, crows and ravens are very territorial, but the blackbird is small and very skiddish.

Source(s): research
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.