Can any of these things kill you unborn baby?

Follow
  • Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
13 weeks pregnant, i've heard eating/drinking /doing too much of this stuff can kill your baby, can it really? Chocolate Soda pop Bread Cheese sleeping on your right side ...show more
Best Answer
I don't think any of these could kill your baby, but they do tell you to avoid too much caffeine, and no soft cheese while pregnant because it is not pasteurized.
  • 1
  • Comment

Other Answers (27)

Rated Highest
  • Rated Highest
  • Oldest
  • Newest
  • what ever answered 6 years ago
    nope, none of that will kill your baby.
    • 3
    • Comment
  • Susan L answered 6 years ago
    No. Your child cannot be killed by any of these things. The fetus is very resiliant and can stand alot fo these things. He/she is protected by fluid so it would take alot more then this to kill it. Hope you have a happy and healthy pregnancy
    • 3
    • Comment
  • Nicole B answered 6 years ago
    I've never heard of any of these killing an unborn child. Check with your ob
    • 3
    • Comment
  • Lady answered 6 years ago
    No it cant
    • 3
    • Comment
  • sparrowszealot answered 6 years ago
    I don't think so, those sound like old wive's tales.
    • 3
    • Comment
  • BlueBlue answered 6 years ago
    no, just use common sense.
    • 3
    • Comment
  • Alexa's mommy ♥ answered 6 years ago
    no not at all
    WIC gives you cheese so I don't think they would give something that killed your baby to pregnant ladies lol
    • 3
    • Comment
  • whatupseattle answered 6 years ago
    No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no.

Eating too much will kill your love life afterwards, though.

Source(s):

5 kids.. :)
    • 2
    • Comment
  • Zeera answered 6 years ago
    Sounds like baloney to me.
    Falling into a chair hurts your bum, your spine, not the baby. At that early stage it takes a REAL serious fall to reach the baby, there's more protection the smaller she is.
    • 2
    • Comment
  • My life is now complete PWK&RJC! answered 6 years ago
    No but you do need to be careful about how much caffeine you take in a day.
    • 2
    • Comment
  • Sign In 

to add your answer

• mommy answered 6 years ago
    Taking a hard fall can cause a miscarriage thats why after even a little fall they tell you to go to the hospital but chocolate and stuff like that cant. Caffine isnt good to drink while pregnant so stick to sprite
    • 2
    • Comment
  • Precious answered 6 years ago
    You're really not doing anything wrong. The only concern would be the soda, just watch your caffeine intake (preferably choose sodas without caffeine). Everything else is okay. You do need your sleep just for your own sanity.
    • 2
    • Comment
  • N and A's Momma answered 6 years ago
    Chocolate and pop are both fine in moderation.
    I have never heard of bread killing your baby, that's ridiculous.
    You should avoid SOFT cheeses.
    Sleeping on your right side will not kill your baby, they just say left is better for circulation.
    Falling into a chair? Like sitting? No, that will not do anything. You can sleep on your stomach as long as you are comfortable with it, I'm 31 weeks along and still do.
    I've always heard it's being too HOT that you should worry about as it raises your core temperature.
    Not getting enough sleep isn't going to do anything to your baby as it takes what it needs from you, you will only suffer from this.
    Eating too much will only make you feel miserable and gain unnecessary weight.
    • 2
    • Comment
  • blondie answered 6 years ago
    yeah, i really doubt there is any proof of that...
    • 2
    • Comment
  • Barbi & Logan answered 6 years ago
    if any of that is true then im screwed! i do all of that! and my baby is fine. being stressed and not sleeping or eating maybe. but no, none of those things. it might make your baby
    "addicted" to those foods! lol. my mom eat subway all through her pregnancy with me and i love subway. but she always had arbys alot too, but for some reason i hate arbys....lol. i think your baby will be fine. dont worry.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • tamklue23 answered 6 years ago
    No...Just eat A LOT LESS chocolate
    No...Make sure it's decaffinated and don't drink too much
    No...Never heard that bread was bad???
    No...It's ok to eat cheese that's pastuerized
    No...You should sleep how your'e comfortable. Our bodies are built that way
    I don't think so. But why would you want to fall on a chair too hard?
    No...Sleeping on you stomach is perfectly safe. After a while you probably won't want to because it's very uncomfortable.
    Not unless your'e naked rolling around in snow.
    Sleep is a must, but sleep deprevation and insomnia kinda comes along with pregnancy.
    No...You can't kill a baby by eating too much, that's just silly. Most pregnant women can't even eat very much since they get full faster anyway.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • yummy mummy answered 6 years ago
    none of them things can harm your unborn but i wouldnt sleep on your tummy but you wont be able to do it when you get bigger anyway and try not to fall into the chair take it easy when sitting down and getting up
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Ask ME answered 6 years ago
    NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • mommy lobo answered 6 years ago
    ok WOW - who is telling you this crap?????
    first off, i eat LOTS of chocolate....drink lots of decaf soda - i eat lots of bread, cheese (live off it), i sleep on my right, my left, my back and my stomach.....seriously though if you asked your doctor that he/she would maybe laugh...no offense!!! but in all honestly, when you are told these things you just want to make sure but i do all of them and my baby is better than fine...strong heart beat!!!!! good luck

Source(s):

mom of 2 yr old boy and 18 weeks pregnant
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • heathermariecm answered 6 years ago
    None of these things will kill your baby! Chocolate and soda usually have caffeine and you should avoid too much of that as it can make your baby jittery and could possibly be linked to ADD/ADHD. Falling into a chair too hard on your stomach could cause harm to your baby, but you would have to go to the doctor and be examined to check for anything wrong. The other things wont cause harm to your or your baby. Just use common sense and the mother and baby will both be just fine!!!
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Wounded Duck answered 6 years ago
    No, but if I were you, I'd get some prenatal care with a legitimate physician.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • ladydye_5 answered 6 years ago
    its called moderation. any of those things in excess is not good for ANYone not just pregnant women. eat a good healthy balanced diet,,,indulge in a few cravings and do what is comfortable. at 13 weeks im sure the dr has explained what you should and should not be doing. if you are that concerned call and speak to a nurse. trust me they have heard it all.

Source(s):

mother of 10 year old boy/girl twins
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Delilah M answered 6 years ago
    No, but they say sleeping on your left side gives better circulation for the baby. But it wont harm the baby.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Mo answered 6 years ago
    No. Time to stop listening to wives tales.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • elisfood answered 6 years ago
    were are you getting this from?
    • 1
    • Comment
  • Kitsune answered 6 years ago
    Well too much caffeine can cause death to an unborn child, this is found in chocolate, soda, tea, and of course, coffee. Any physical trauma such as being hit in the stomach or falling down can cause problems, maybe even death. Being too cold is true. It can cause problems even death. You are being an incubator to make sure this new being survives. if you are trying to hatch an egg and the temperature is too low it will die. Simple fact. I wouldn't sleep on your stomach just because it may cause difficulties. I would just be careful and keep in mind you are growing a being inside of you and you can't really risk anything happening to your child.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Grants a tractor luvr! answered 6 years ago
    No, you shouldn't have chocolate though due to the caffeine.
    • Rate
    • Comment

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Member Since:
    Points: Points: Level
    Total Answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block

Unblock