how do i find an actual pic of a house on google streets?

so i saw on tv that you can type in anyones address and it will show you a live picture of the front porch and house but what do i type in to get to there

• n8d1
    Favorite Answer

Well, for one, they aren't 'live'. If they were, everyone would have a camera pointing at the front of their house and then you could bring up Google Streets (or whatever it's called) on your laptop, walk outside and see yourself on your computer. I don't know about you, but that's a bit scary. You could have people remotely stalking you.

I've seen this street level view and what they've done is had someone stand in the middle of a street and take pictures as they slowly rotate 360 degrees. Then you can join the images seamlessly together so that users can pan around and see the 360 degree view. A lot like when you go to virtual tours of homes for sale or new cars.

As far as Google goes, they don't have every street in the US photographed......yet.

I don't know how to get a live picture.... if you are interested in a still shot of the house you can go to the web site for the city or county assessor's office and check the property tax records, they usually have a photo of the property.