Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 1 decade ago

2 questions about the Aryans.?

1. Where was their homeland?

2. Were they Nordic or semitic?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Aryans probably came from where Kazakhstan is today. they migrated down into Persia and India. The word Iran is a variation of the word Aryan. The "Turkish" geneology is said to come from the Aryans. By Turkish, I don't mean Turkey, I mean central Asia, including, Iran and Mongolia.

The reason that the modern "aryan" has adopted the white skin idology was a complete misinterpretation and manipulation of things said in the Bhagavad-Gita. In these writings they desribed the "Dasa" or native people of the Indus river valley "Dark Skinned" and with large noses. The Germans took this out of context , whether acidentally or not we don't know, to mean that the Ayran were pure white, when in reality they were far from it.

Source(s): In my South Asian History class we spent a great deal of time studyin the Aryans and early India.
    • Login to reply the answers
  • Zouk
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

1. Aryans don't necessarily have a hometown because Aryan is a more or less a physical description, not so much a race (light hair, blue eyes). Germany though, would make most sense.

2. Nordic

edit: by the way, I am righT!! especially on the second answer, don't listen to these others.

• 1 decade ago

The Persians are from the Aryan generatiion and the Italians make only a part of the Aryans.

the aryans are from :

parthians,persians,muds,caspians an elamite groups.

the worlds first empire was elamite.

th aryans are so close to the europians in culture and even the geographical points.

over Iran is russia(europian) and in the North-west is turkey(europian).

persian empire was from east to wes, check out wikipedia for the map of the persian empire.

The Persians are the Aryans.

• Mark
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

They were a tribal and nomadic peoples living in the far reaches of Euro-Asia. Somewhere in the early in the second millenium BC, they began to migrate southwards in waves across the face of Persia and the lands of India.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

origin was the northern indian/pakistan/afgahnistan region

they were not semitic (derives from middle east) - nordic does not exist other than physical description

• 1 decade ago

1) Probably north and west of the Caspian Sea

2) this is considerably disputed, especially since many scholars do not think the term has a lot of ethnographic value.

• 1 decade ago
    Source(s): aryan search
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

they came out of asia and settled in the north of europe

• 1 decade ago

honkys.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.