mestndahead asked in SportsHockey · 1 decade ago

Matchups that get the adrenaline pumping?

What are the games that get your adrenaline pumping? The ones that you mark on the calendar and can't wait for.

For me, as an Avs fan, it's the Red Wings vs Avs, Stars vs. Avs and the Canucks vs. Avs.

Everytime those matchups are coming up, I'm pumped and anxious all day to see them.

My problem is that I only get Altitude, so I can only see Avs games. I don't have NHL Center Ice or Versus, so the only time I get to see other teams is when NBC is covering them. I know I'm missing out on good rivalry games.

I watch every game I can. Whether it's college hockey or pro. During the summer I have hockey withdrawal and I find myself hoping baseball players will go crazy and fight.

Oh man, I tell ya the Blackhawks are exciting to watch. I forgot about them.

Best Answer

Anyone playing the Leafs..

• N/A

Yeah, same here. I'm an Avs fan too, I just lost a bet so I have to have a Wings logo :(

I love it when the Avs play the Red Wings, Canucks or Flames. Those games are always going to be awesome! I look forward to those games most.

Also, I like watching the Penguins play the Flyers, this has really turned into quite the rivalry. All the games so far this season have been very exciting.

~

You know, NBC is going to show the Penguins/Flyers game this Sunday. It's going to be a great game, I know it. These teams hate each other. I would suggest that you watch it, if you're not busy. Those teams don't dissapoint.

• Doug

I am a wings fan and i never miss an avs or a ducks game. I have nothing against the avs that much anymore because, like stated earlier, the rivalry is dying down. But i hate the ducks with a passion. Especially pronger

• Habs vs Leafs

Leafs vs Sens

Oilers vs Flames

Just too bad the Leafs can't make the play-offs so we could see either of those match-up in a long 7 game series.

• you

from the interviews, i would say that most of the Wings players see their new rival as the Ducks.

the rivalry w/ Colorado is dying down. the level of competition is just not like it used to be.

i would guess the Ducks feel similarly. Their other rival seems to be the Sharks.

although, the Chicago/Detroit games are starting to get pretty frenzied, too.

The Flyer-Leafs matchups have alwasy been classic. You never know what's going to happen. I mean hey, a fan might even get into a fight with a player one day.

Anybody versus "whateverteameddiebelforuison" It's so fun seeing him lose.

• Petza

I'm a Leafs fan so I love seeing Montreal vs Toronto or Ottawa vs Toronto and sometimes Atlanta vs Toronto

This season it has been Wings vs. the Ducks, Chicago, and St. Louis. Also watching Toronto vs. Ottawa has been pretty good.

When I see someone reaching for the last beer, or the last slice of pizza, my adrenaline really starts to pump. grrrr......

Sharks-Ducks