2 tax programs - giving me different refund amounts??

I purchased Turbo Tax Deluxe. We have a pretty standard tax return. 4 children. Own our home and paid property taxes. 2 W-2's. Simple. I did our taxes on the purchased TURBO TAX and our refund amt was $8,000. That seemed like alot to me. So, I wanted to check it. Plugged info into the free Tax ACT program... show more I purchased Turbo Tax Deluxe. We have a pretty standard tax return. 4 children. Own our home and paid property taxes. 2 W-2's. Simple.

I did our taxes on the purchased TURBO TAX and our refund amt was $8,000. That seemed like alot to me. So, I wanted to check it. Plugged info into the free Tax ACT program online w/o printing, etc.....and it showed our refund amt to be $7,000. (Which still seemed like alot to me...)

I did have my purse stolen in Aug. (With police report made and a $300 new digital camera was inside my purse, again, police report to back this up!) I did claim this on Turbo tax (the higher refund program) and then we also donated approximately $350 worth of items to GoodWill. (Again, have receipt, and plugged those numbers into Turbo tax) But I don't think those two items would add up to $1000.

Is there an explanation as to why these two programs would give me differerent refund amounts? And which should I go with?
Update: Plugged all numbers into ACT. Still giving me different refund amts. Turbo Tax DID ask about AMT, ACT did not. BTW: The items donated to GoodWill were not just clothing items. And the values I gave was very reasonable. I'm not out to cheat on my taxes. But to be honest, Hence the question on which refund to... show more Plugged all numbers into ACT. Still giving me different refund amts. Turbo Tax DID ask about AMT, ACT did not.

BTW: The items donated to GoodWill were not just clothing items. And the values I gave was very reasonable. I'm not out to cheat on my taxes. But to be honest, Hence the question on which refund to go with! Cheaters would obviously go with the higher one with no questions!
Update 2: Per HR Block website: The Tax Estimator has been updated to reflect late 2007 tax law changes to the AMT.

It gives me the exact amt that Turbo Tax! Thanks so much! Mind is at rest now!