what do you think of the Svalbard Seed Vault??

good or bad? profitable or a waste of money? i want your opinion! :D:D

uhm....i mean profitable as in good for the ones who are involved in it and the ones who are effected [[in a good way]] by it.

what about its structure and its location and its mission?

• john h
    Favorite Answer

It is a great idea. It is not going to be profitable because it is not set up to be profitable. It is a gene bank, it is not a waste of money, most of which is being donated. In the event of a world disaster it could be one of the most valuable assets on the planet.

Edit: By your definition of profitable, yes, it will be very profitable.

On the surface this is a good plan but I do not like the fact the Bill Gates foundation and Monsanto are two of the main sponsors. Monsanto has long wanted to control the world's seeds and this will be a perfect way to get that control.

I also wonder how they will be growing out the seeds. seeds are a live and have a limited life span from 6 months to 15 years. If they are not grown out periodically than they whole collection can be lost in less than 50 years. I have read quite a bit about this and have yet to see anything about grow outs, which makes me wonder just what they are doing in their underground seed liar.

It's wonderful! It's not being set up to be profitable, and its definitely NOT a waste of money.

We already derive many vaccines from plants and who knows what we might be able to discover in the future, this bank ensures we will have access to the Earth's fauna for countless years to come.

Geez! thank you Kushtoe. no longer in simple terms are you able to consume pot, even though it makes the wonderful paper, rope, outfits, and so forth. conceivable. My wager is that there is a few hip mofu up there to slip in some seeds. I advise, no longer quite each and every physique swallows anti-weed propaganda.

I think it's a very good insurance scheme because of its location.

good