What kind of radio should I buy for an off-road race truck?

My dad and I ususally race in the California desert off-road. I want to purchase radios (VHF/UHF/etc) for our truck to pit communication (as cellphones sometimes do not get reception). What kind of radios should I purchase? The laps are usually 65+ miles long with as much a 30 miles from the pit to any point in... show more My dad and I ususally race in the California desert off-road. I want to purchase radios (VHF/UHF/etc) for our truck to pit communication (as cellphones sometimes do not get reception). What kind of radios should I purchase? The laps are usually 65+ miles long with as much a 30 miles from the pit to any point in the track (the terrain isn't always flat either). I have basic radio knowledge so I am not too sure where to start looking. Thanks.
Update: My dad and I ususally race in the California desert off-road. I want to purchase radios (VHF/UHF/etc) for our truck to pit communication (as cellphones sometimes do not get reception). What kind of radios should I purchase? The laps are usually 65+ miles long with as much a 30 miles from the pit to any point in the... show more My dad and I ususally race in the California desert off-road. I want to purchase radios (VHF/UHF/etc) for our truck to pit communication (as cellphones sometimes do not get reception). What kind of radios should I purchase? The laps are usually 65+ miles long with as much a 30 miles from the pit to any point in the track (the terrain isn't always flat either). I have basic radio knowledge so I am not too sure where to start looking. Thanks.

EDIT: BTW, I am talking about 2-way radios. Sorry for any confusion.