My computer is full of spyware .I'm unable to use it without all kinds of junk?

I need help

bill-sarah@sbcglobal.net

Favorite Answer

There are quite a few really good free anti-spyware programs out there for download. My favorites are AVG, Ad-Aware and SpyBot Search and Destroy. After downloading and installing, make sure to update them first, then run them. They tend to hog memory a bit, so best to do one at a time, and preferably not while doing other things on the computer-- just start it and let it go. I use all three weekly, just to make sure everything gets caught! Links below for each!

First thing I can tell you is, you are very careless. Don't post your e-mail address here -- spammers and hackers will find you easily enough without publicly inviting them. Second, you need to clean up your computer. This may be possible with anti-virus and anti-spyware programs, but if you have not been using security (including a firewall program), your computer may be deeply infected.

I would suggest that you (or a technician) should wipe out your hard drive and reinstall Windows. Then add a firewall, anti-virus, anti-spyware, and anti-rootkit protections, and keep everything up to date. Run Quick Scans weekly, and Deep scans once a month. And back up any files you don't want to lose to an external hard drive, in case you need to wipe out Windows again some time. Most external drives come with backup software.

If all of this sounds too complicated, Norton 360 or a similar product can make everything nearly hands-free. It would be a good investment if you are not interested in attending to computer security yourself. But you must start with a clean computer, and then use Microsoft Update to have all of the latest updates. After that, you can use security programs to prevent future problems.