someone using my email address to send spam?

someone sent me an email asking me to take them off my mailing list, I never sent the emasil and dont know the other sender, I sent the other addresses to stop using my email address but all come back mail daemon. I have never sent spam and want to know what I can do to stop this in the future. I dont want anyone else using my info. That scares me!!! Please Help!@!

Favorite Answer

In all likelihood, it isn't your computer that's infected, it's someone else who has you in their address book. One of the most common tactics of spambots is to harvest addresses from unprotected computers and use that address book as the source email addresses for the spam it sends. Contact everyone who has your email address in their address book and have them make sure they update their antivirus and antispyware software, and run complete scans of their systems.

You are not sending spam, don't worry. Sometimes spammers can fake certain email address as to not be tracked down or have incoming mail. As long as no one has your password there is no way for you to be spamming people. The mail daemon thing simply means that the mail servers can not send to that email address. Email for more clarification or help!

I have this same problem. I notified all my contacts. I changed my password and questions. I quit using the account. Set up another account with another provider. There was 3 pages of spam sent to the old account, to me, from me, advertising all different companies. I sent emails to two of the companies but they have not replied. I can handle this with my email but my contacts are not that cool with this. My next step is to cancel the original account and set up another . Then go to all my accounts to put in the new email address.

you could have a virus allowing someone to send spam through your pc. Try turning your pc off when not in use or atleast unplug it's internet connection as well as doing a virus scan. If that doesn't work try starting up a new email account

*I received this SMS text yesterday March 3. from davedawes7701@gmail.com

I am sorry to encroach into your privacy through this manner if

You

Receive This SMS Know You Are One Of The Lucky 5.We Agree To Make

Millionaire From The $ 159.000.000 U.s.d.We Won From Lottery Jacpot. For claim,email us stating your Name ,Address,Age,Mobile Number& Country.*Please help.

I would personally get a new e-mail address or change your password and see what happens.

There's nothing you can do to stop it. It's easy to spoof any e-mail address. One thing you should NOT do is to send anything to the other e-mail addresses!

Contact your email service provider and explain the situation. See what they want you to do.

You might just need to get a new email address.

Change the password to your email account.

Change Ur freakin' password.