Do you ever vomit pure stomach acid?

If so, how often? Does it burn?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • babz
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

have you had the flu and been vomiting? After a point there is nothing left in the stomach except acid and bile, but if you have the flu, you will still feel the need to retch, and it will come up. It may be clear and mucous-like, or tinged a bit green. If you do NOT have flu or food poisioning, you could still only vomit up acid if there were NO FOOD in your system. Yes, it can burn, or taste bitter. Ulcers and stress can make you vomit when you aren't actually sick. If it continues, I would definitely see a dr.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

Vomiting Acid

• 1 decade ago

Stomach acid comes up every time you vomit, it's just that when you first vomit its mixed with whatever you have ingested. Then if you puke a few times more and all the food's out, it may seem more like just pure acid, but will be a mixture of acid, digestive juices etc. After vomiting a number of times, when there's nothing left, you sometimes bring up bile, which is a yellowy liquid which tastes disgusting but not so much burny as puke which has acid in it. When I have been sick like this, I know its over once the bile comes.

Lovely.

• 6 years ago

Hi Folks, I am one of the patients of stomach acid. Recently found a large ulcer in my stomach. Th doctor don't know what is cause?? either antibiotics or stomach acid.I have been taking some antibiotics as I got stye in my eye. It was heavy dose antibiotics, It made my stomach bad. I vomit alot. First I vomit out what ever I had in my stomach. second time it was bitter liquid , I reckon it was stomach acid. After that my stomach was empty but still feeling nausea. third time I had vomiting with some blood in it. I was admitted in Local hospital.I did not feel any appetite for all day. Next day I drank some water. bit of toasted bread without butter/jam etc. Before eating anything the doctor took biopsy and endoscopy and found later ulcer in fundus. After that I started to eat normally but light food like soups etc. I am not allowed to eat spice and some fatty stuffs. It feels horrible people having more acid in their stomach. Eat simple and nutritious food. But do visit your GP.

• Alexee4 years agoReport

I truely hope you are better

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Do you ever vomit pure stomach acid?

If so, how often? Does it burn?

Source(s): vomit pure stomach acid: https://tr.im/rMbOL
  • 1 decade ago

Yes, if you have nothing else in your stomach & yes it burns. It will happen often for a while if you have a stomach virus or flu/

Remedy: Don't eat or drink for 2 hours...then try sipping Gatorade; room temp Ginger ale (stir with fork to get bubbles out.), Coke. Keep sipping. Try ice chips. Then try chicken broth. And then try dry toast, Jello, ices; rice; noodles; white baked potato (no butter).

Feel better.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/avvYI

Acid reflux can be cured with an alkaline diet that requires a lot of fruit and vegetables.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes, and yeah, it burns. You only do that if you don't have anything in your stomach.

• bt
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

i have. usually when i have to stomach flu or something and i've already evacuated everything else. it does burn. i wouldn't recommend it, but you should be fine. it's usually followed by just wretching because everything's out then.

• 1 decade ago

Yes, I have, like when you have NOTHING else in your stomach.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.