Anonymous

Should I send my resume from my work email address?

When sending my resume via email to other employers, is it appropriate to send it from my current work e-mail address?

My company policy on e-mail just states that it is "Primarily for business use." So we are allowed to use e-mail for personal use as long as it's not excessive.

Favorite Answer

Perish the thought!!! That will also give your potential next employer an immediate keen insight into what you may do on their computer one day!

Just like everyone else stated the answer is "NO".

You should not use your company's computer for any personal use especially looking for employment. Most companies will not admit to it but they monitor more than we think they do. There are software programs that will allow a person to tap into what ever is on your desktop whenever they want. In addition, all they have to do is speak to your IT Department if they have one to get a record of everything you have done at that computer MS Office document, websites etc.... Just send your resume from home, or from the library or your local One Stop Career Center (every state has one)

It is inappropriate to utilize your company's email system to send a resume. It won't hurt your chances of getting hired like what was advised above, however it is just in bad taste to your current employer. Keep it separate and Good Luck!

send resume work email address

No, it's not appropriate.

That email address isn't yours, but the company's. Looking for a new job with someone else is not your job so you are violating corporate policy by using the email system.

• Kimmy

No. Use your personal e-mail addy, because using your work email system is not appropriate and may jeopardize your chances of getting an interview with any future employer.

No do not do this. It is inappropriate to do so, and it shows that you do not abide by your companies internet/email policies.