Why does Carson Kressley brainwash the fat women to flaunt their body?

Is it because he's trying to convert all the men gay? It's a possibility

Favorite Answer

I think it's not flaunting, as much as he means for them to be COMFORTABLE with their own body, in their own skin.

The fashion gods have already dictated that fat people are to be shunned, gawked at with horror, pitied, and it translates in the fashions available for plus size people, for women, the traditional loose shirt and the moomoo are all they have!

I think Carson is doing all of us a favor by showcasing women in ALL sizes, and telling them it's alright for them to want to wear the fashions made for waifs.

Important point: Those people on the cover of Elle/Vogue?

They aren't real! True that they are genetically blessed (beautiful features, slim body) but even that isn't enough to make the cover; they have ERASED every single flaw by touchup and computer manipulation! No botchy skin, or dark spots, nada! No wonder some people kill themselves over depression in body image, what these magazines are showing are not even REALITY!

Remember that all subjects of reality shows sign a contract and accept the terms and conditions of their participation. As such, hosts like Carson Kressley are simply facilitators in something the participants have already agreed to (and most likely, have already been pre-screened for). I'm sure there's a level of acceptance each participant in that show had to reach before they felt comfortable enough in appearing before a television audience. I know many overweight people who wouldn't dream of disrobing in front of anyone, much less a television program.

If there's any "brainwashing" going on, it's most likely the family and friends of the participants who have their own motives for getting the subjects to appear on such programs.

he doesnt brainwash them, he is just trying to boost their self esteem. i have battled weight problems for years. first i was too too thin, now i am a few pounds too heavy. i cant win. i think what he is doing is great. take it from someone with experience, when you have low self esteem it is hard to do anything with yourself let alone lose weight. i am sick of all the thin barbie types thinking they are better than everyone and making women feel bad in the first place. he is not trying to convert anyone into being gay. i think you should be a little less ignorant.

I laughed out loud when I read this. In actuality, I think the media has portrayed such a negative image for women, so unrealistic too, he's trying to make women feel comfortable in their own skin (lots of it).

You're very immature aren't you. I'd rather look at a naked fat woman than a naked man, that's for sure.

Maybe to show the world that you don't have to be a hollywood model stereotype?

I think he is trying to stress to everyone that they need to love and accept themselves.

all the men gay, eh?

Lol, I don't know. I wish I knew!