Lady Baby Boomers: Do you remember when "pettipants" were in style in the 1960's?

Update: Pettipants & Petticoats were two different things. Pettipants were worn under a dress or skirt, instead of a slip. They were siIky & had lace around the bottom of each leg. I loved wearing "pettipants" because I didn't have to worry about my slip showing. I loved wearing "petticoats" also &... show more Pettipants & Petticoats were two different things. Pettipants were worn under a dress or skirt, instead of a slip. They were siIky & had lace around the bottom of each leg. I loved wearing "pettipants" because I didn't have to worry about my slip showing. I loved wearing "petticoats" also & the more the better.
Update 2: To see a pair of "pettipants," go to: www.mareleneshutch.com & click on "Vintage clothing" then click on "Lingerie."
Update 3: Monterey....I don't know what made me remember "pettipants" yesterday but I suddenly remembered them. I had many pair & I loved them. Thanks for sharing the story about the date. Yah, who was her to tell you what to wear? LOL
Update 4: Monterey...oops! In my last sentence, it should have said "he" not her. Sorry!!!
Update 5: thebellepepper...You can buy them, so check out the website above that I posted. I didn't have red pettipants, but I had white & some that were pastel in color. You can buy some & twirl away. LOL
Update 6: Wind...I'm so glad you like my questions. I love digging back into the archives of my mind of those yesteryears. Lots of great memories for me back when the times were much simpler & we didn't have a care in the world. Our parents did though. You are so welcome for the strolls down memory lane. :)