Can someone in NYC help me get a job as a production assistant in film or tv?

My name is Brendan and I am 22 years old. I have been trying to get a job as a PA since I was 18. I worked briefly as a set dresser on two productions, a job which I landed from a family friend. I won't go into details, but I lost that job because of a falling out between the family friend and my uncle. ... show more My name is Brendan and I am 22 years old. I have been trying to get a job as a PA since I was 18. I worked briefly as a set dresser on two productions, a job which I landed from a family friend. I won't go into details, but I lost that job because of a falling out between the family friend and my uncle.
I have been trying to get another job in the film world since. I have been rejected from every place possible, because the industry tends to hire only family members and close friends. I have sent countless letters, e-mails, and even been on several interviews, but with no results.
I am not worried about collecting a large paycheck. I understand that many entry positions are unpaid, and that is fine by me. To tell you a little about myself, I work at a CD store in Long Island, and I do videography for a local roller derby league. My videos are up on youtube.com/rfeprod.
I am running out of space. please e-mail me at rfeprod@yahoo.com. THANK YOU ALL!!
1 answer 1