Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicTelevisionComedy · 1 decade ago

Can you help with "Sanford And Son" trivia?

There's an episode where Fred is afraid to commit to his girlfriend, Donna, because he is afraid of disrespecting his deceased wife, Elizabeth. He sings a song to Elizabeth's picture and part of the lyrics are "....so grand the game." What's the name of that song and who sang it!?

Favorite Answer

Frank Sinatra's 'You'd Be So Easy To Love'?

http://www.actionext.com/names_f/frank_sinatra_lyr...

'Redd Foxx' was a huge fan of the '30s vocal group The Ink Spots and sang many of their songs on the show. NBC would not pay the royalties because the cost was astronomical. So out of his love for the group Redd Foxx paid them out of his own pocket. Could it have been their 'If I Didn't Care', written by Jack Lawrence, and also sang by Billie Holliday? It doesn't say 'so grand the game' though, but says -

'If I didn't care would it be the same?

Would every prayer begin and end with just your name?'

In other words, I have no clue! lol

Good Morning Intelligent: A 6 times 8 = 8 times 6 Champions: A 1972 Munich Olympic Games Consumer: Engine Game: Treat Hot Jobs: Recovery.gov HSW: WEP Music: B False Pop: Barbarella U.S. History: B up to 40 inches Video on Demand: Magic Sleuth Clock B95 625 Goofy 925 Monster B2W 3 Doors Down WRVE Scramble Idiosyncrasy cct Dude Looks like a lady 940 Hammers 1110 Lady Mystery When I come around MCT Steven Tyler FLY 8am Butter 10am Pig Prayers to all, and extra prayers for Lincoln.