Mutual Fund info? USCGX?

Looking for overall impressions on the following mutual fund.

USCGX

Thanks.

Favorite Answer

A 5-star rated mutual fund in the USAA Capital Growth (USCGX) mutual fund. The mutual fund has consistently beat the S&P 500. The expense ratio is only 1% which is pretty good. That's the most you should pay for a mutual fund. It has been around for 10-years; however, it has been rated a 5-star fund since inception. It's very risky, with 91% invested in stocks. I don't think that's a big problem; especially if you are younger and can afford such risk. Any mutual fund with that much exposure to stocks will beat the market during the good times and lose a lot more than the market during bad times.

Based on my opinion, it looks like that most of the growth comes from international stocks. The top five holdings are all international stocks.

• bonamy

A B and C point out how the fund expenses for expenses. they could fee up front once you purchase or a back end load once you sell or no-load the place the charges are taken from fund components. each fund has a minimum investment. some money will waive the minimum investment while you're making computerized periodic contributions. Mutual money are an prolonged term investment. Returns variety from 12 months to three hundred and sixty 5 days and in some years you are able to lose moeny. you are able to desire to anticipate having your earnings a fund for a minimum of ten years. A severe possibility fund usually invests in shares or bonds of severe possibility which includes small businesses or severe yield junk bonds which for my area have a severe possibility of default. On a cumulative foundation the possibility is dwindled via diversification. those money usually have a severe predicted return. Mutual money placed money into shares and bonds.

To me, if you cannot buy and sell stocks and options, you should be in a bond fund or an FDIC insured account.

Mutual Funds generally have no put protection that I know of. Therefore if there is a downturn, you lose. I know, I have been in these sorts of funds before. That's how I learned. I am probably saving you immense sums of money if you listen to me.

Source(s): Experience