Is the couch Suede or Microfiber?

I bought a thriftstore couch, and, of course, I got what I paid for. There are some minor water spots, some dirt, and a wet dog smell. I haven't found a tag yet, but it's a suede-like material, if not suede. There's a little sticker on the bottom saying Fabric Control stain guard was used, but I don't know if that was from another item. How can I tell if it is microfiber or suede, and how can I get that wet dog smell out? Febreze does not hurt it, I found out.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I have found that borax gets rid of nearly any smell. Dampen the area that smells with a mister bottle full of water, then liberally sprinkle Borax. Let it sit at least 30 minutes, then vaccuum it up. It may take a couple times, but I've even got cat urine smell up with the Borax.

• linen
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Microfiber Vs Suede

• 4 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Is the couch Suede or Microfiber?

I bought a thriftstore couch, and, of course, I got what I paid for. There are some minor water spots, some dirt, and a wet dog smell. I haven't found a tag yet, but it's a suede-like material, if not suede. There's a little sticker on the bottom saying Fabric Control stain guard was...

Source(s): couch suede microfiber: https://shortly.im/pWA3B
  • 4 years ago

I'd prefer a microfiber. It's easier to maintain and look after. Suede is easily stained and needs brushing now and then.Leather is okay but if it is cut by any sharp object like a car key etc.. it is difficult to repair and the inside comes out.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/avKPi

I concur.... I care much for calfs and other such animals, but I also care about the environment and microfibers are not made from a renewable resource and are not biodegradable. Maybe you should go with cotton. It's the fabric of MY life!!!

• 1 decade ago

It's not suede.....get rid of the smell hand wash the spot where it smells and let it dry. My couch is the same material I had a blood stain on it that I washed with cold water and regular hand soap....stain is gone and couch is clean.

• 1 decade ago

I had the same couch that was mircofiber. It is kid friendly, that was the reason I got. I also purchased at second hand shop. We have 2 cats and a dog. I used branded name dryer sheets and slightly wipe to leave fresh scent.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I dougbt it is suede, suede is leather if that helps and not very durable

• 1 decade ago

If the tag said "fabric control" not "leather control" it's probably synthetic.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.