Gas, Electric, or Hot water on demand? ($ hot water heater $)? more....?

I got a gas hot water heater and I recently heard that Columbia Gas of Ohio is seeking to get a 'across the board' flat rate increase on distributing charges. I didn`t think this was at all fair since I am single and use very little hot water in the summer months. It looks like more corporate welfare. Im considering closing the gas account off in the summer months and/or using a electric or hot water on demand system....Any suggestions on which is more cost effective?

Favorite Answer

tankless heater and vote democrat so you will be protected from corperate thieves

Even with the price increase, Gas is still cheaper to heat the water than electric.

The gas Co will charge you " account reactivation fees" that more than likely will equal or exceed the flat fee you would have paid.

Switching over to electric will cost ~$1000+ for a standard heater - need a plumber & Electrician (to run an expensive 240v circuit, that your box may not have space for!). Add at least $500 more for an On Demand.

It bites, but so does $3.25/gal gas.

• haper

If that is the purely challenge, call a plumber and ask how a lot to position in a clean gas water heater. Then have it put in even if you should make stronger the cost with the help of $1000. it truly is a small quantity at the same time as thinking a 20 years personal loan and it then is blanketed interior the personal loan. pass to between the vast field shops and price gas heaters, they don't seem that intense priced. i think the placement the following is the problem with the seller having to administration the placement or you doing it.

I have an electric water heater and I am going to replace it with the hot water on demand system... everything I read says that they are more energy efficient.