Where can I buy a prepaid SIM card for a cellphone?

In Asia, most of the people are using SIM cards. A SIM card is a prepaid card that you use in your cellphone. After you're done with your minutes you need buy a load to get it working again. Is there anything like that here in the US? I'm tied with Verizon Wireless for 2 yrs. I have a Nokia cellphone that I bought in Asia. I'm thinking of letting my daughter use it but I don't want to sign for another 2-yr contract with Verizon. Will Go Phone work with this if there's no SIM card available around?

Favorite Answer

You can get a prepaid sim card from any GSM Carrier.

Let them know that you want a sim card prepaid kit. Its a sim card with a number, and depending on the company they might have some minutes preloaded already.

Source(s): Work for a cell phone company.

you're able to purchase "pay as you pass" sim taking part in cards throughout europe yet you're paying a connection to that countries centers each and every time so i could touch your contemporary provider and ask for a sturdy contract,in the event that they can't supply you one then attempt yet another .