Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

it's to good to be true?

so i've been listening to k-love 97.3 christian radio station (any one listening too it??)

Well and there doing this thing where people can share their love stories on the radio! and their all just so cute!

so maybe you could share with me your love story?

How you found you hubby/or wife??

(ps i'd kinda like to hear the love stories from the older married couples, not teens who are in love with their bf or gf..lol no offense or anything!)

Favorite Answer

My husband and I dated in high school. When we split we both were very hurt by it (should have been a clue). He never really left my thoughts and five years later- after totally avoiding each other I ran into his friend. I told him to say hello for me... the friend told him I was dying to see him and that I was really eager to hear from him. My husband showed up at my work the following Tuesday which was met with an almost tackle from me (also another sign). We had our first date on the following Saturday after talking a few times that week. Our first date was us talking about how many kids we wanted, where we wanted to live, and other atypical first date conversation. We have been together ever since. I knew from the moment I saw walk into my workplace that this was it and he was mine. He said it wasn't until after our first date that he knew (but I think the almost tackle shook him up a bit).

Five years together in May and Married three years in September.

• REDMAN

My wife and I met back in 1975. We met at a bar doing all the things you should not be doing, heavy drinking and drugging. We had just knew each other a month befor we were married. We had our first child a year later. All this time we were doing all the things you shouldn`t be doing,you know what I mean. Five years later we had our second child a son. For the first 23 years of our marriage we battled our addictions. We went from owning our own home to losing everything we had,litterly to living on the streets. We did what ever it took to survive,if you could imagine. It came to a point we were going we were going to die or spend the rest of our lives in prison. Finally one day while staying up under a bridge my wifes brother came to get her,her mom was about to have a nervouse break down because of all that had been going on. Our children were staying with family members which was a good thing. You hear about people hitting rock bottom.We thought we had been their before but no,this was the bottom. I could probably write a book about this. I`m just giving you a short version,but you could probably fill in the blanks and you wouldn`t be far off. I had learned my wife was in some kind of rehab but didn`t know where.Her family wouldn`t tell me anything much less talk to me at all. I knew this was it , I had nothing left this was it the last draw. To make a very long story short I managed to get myself into a rehab. It was a Christian rehab center it was a 18 month program. About an hour after I had been their I found out my wife was at the same place. This place was in a part of the city we had never been to. I guess you know where I`m going with this. The first 6 months we were their we couldn`t even talk to each other,it was all about working on ourselves. Well we finished the program.I was ordained in 1999. my wife was diognsed with myotonic muscular dystrophy in 2000. Her dad died from this and her granddad commited suicide from it. So now it is 8 years later we have been clen and sober for a little over 11 years now. We own our own home now and all the bridges have been mended with our children and families. Don`t know if you call this a love story but it is the greatest love of all. GODS LOVE

Source(s): My wife and I

Our love story...well we met at work. I was seeing this total piece of work at the time. He was a total nightmare. Every day, my husband and I would talk. Not about anything really big. Just chatting while we worked. We are both Bakers by Trade. By the end of my relationship with the other one, I knew that I was in love with my husband. When the relationship broke up, I called my husband and asked him if he wanted to go out for the night, but wouldn't be able to for 3 days. I was working the night shift that week. We went out for drinks on a Friday night, and I knew that he was the one. All it took was one kiss. We ended up together from that night on. We became insperable and we still are to this day. We are very close. He has brought me on the most amazing dates, lots of roses and flowers, champagne, strawberries and the most amazing times in the bedroom. A lot of laughter, doing things at home, drinking beer on the front steps late at night in the summers.Playing Wii, having our first baby 11 weeks ago. We aren't legally married. But were as together as a married couple. We are romantic, silly, fun, caring, loving, happy, secure, insperational, open, profound, forever, wild, close. We have an amazing relationship. We have a crazy love, a LIFE together, a family, and we truly love each other very much. We need each other and can't live without the other.

• Badass

I met my wife who actually turned out to be my best friends neighbour! (Long story there!)

The first time I met her my heart skipped a beat and when that happens you know she might be the one.

We went out a few times together with friends and always had a wonderful time and both hated parting company at the end of the night, so when we did stay together for the first time it seemed like we'd known each other all our lives even though we'd only known each other a couple of months.

Our phone calls when we were apart (I was in the Navy) were always full of fun talk and once again neither of us wanted to hang up but that just made us closer and when we'd meet again it would feel like being in heaven.

We have now been together for 14 years and are coming up to our 10th wedding anniversary.

I know what you mean by asked for 'real' love stories not the teens who think they're in love every-time a guy or girl looks in their direction. Teens of today have no idea on what love really means, which is a bit of a shame!

My husband and I met on Eharmony in April of 2006. Yes that is true. He was 43, never been married, good looking, financially stable, smart, funny, just all the things I wanted. I was a single mother 37 years old with 2 kids, going back to college. He wrote me a couple of emails and we talked on the phone a couple of times. We would IM every morning and every night, some of them pretty racy. I always caught him in the nude when I IM'd him!! Anyway, we made a date for him to come to my state to meet me. I went to the hotel room and met him at the door when he walked in. We hugged and kissed and I won't tell you the rest but we spent all weekend together and with my kids doing things. About a month later I moved in with him. Two weeks later, we bought a house, a month after that I found out I was pregnant. In may 2007 we had our baby girl and got married in June 2007. We are still madly in love, best friends, confidants, and very happy in our little family.

I had been married for 20 years to my first husband and then up and divorced because we had grown apart. I was terrified of getting out on my own, and convinced at my age that I would never have a man in my life again.

My best friend was living in another state so she talked me into getting a computer so we could chat online for free and not paying for phone calls. I did as she wanted and since I was alone and had a lot of time to kill, I found a chat room she told me about. It was called friendfinders.com and she had met several pen pals there. I thought that sounded like fun, having a pen pal, so I joined it.

I was in a chat room for the very first time in June of 1997 when I met Nigel. He chatted with me for a few minutes - found out later that he was at lunch at work - and he gave me his personal email address in an open chat room. I wrote him the next day and he wrote me back immedietely.

We exchanged letters for a while, talked on the phone a lot - 400 dollar phone bills - and finally decided to meet face to face. The only problem was he was in Oklahoma and I was in Tennessee. So we met halfway in West Memphis, Arkansas and it was love at first sight. We were perfect in every way together, matched interests, matched in passion and we have now been married for 10 years. I am not 54 years old so it is never to late to find your soul mate.

Good Luck

I was at our local county fair when I was 15 and I was in the swine barn visiting with some friends of mine (I was raised on a dairy farm and an avid member of a local 4-h club) and one of my fiends cousins was in there also, yeah, we were doing things that we should not have been (meaning drinking beer and smoing cigarettes) any way, I ran out of cigarettes, and at the time, there was a machine on the fairgrounds that dispensed cigarettes and asked this friends cousin if he wanted to wakl with me, he said yeah. So on the way, I looked at him and said "So, you got a girlfriend?" he simply said "nope" so I said, "well, do ya want one?" he answered, "I guess" so we started dating and 3 years later, got engaged. We have just celebrated our 16th anniversary this last December and are still just as much in love with each other as the day he asked me to marry him. Mind you I also went from living on a dairy farm, to marrying a Pig farmer. We also have two boys that are 15 and 14.

• Missie

Here's a good one. After being married two times, I finally decided to just spend the rest of my life alone. Then, after working with this really great guy for 8 months (this is the very short version) I called him up. I was so stupid on the phone, but he managed to ask "Would you like company?". I said yes. He pulled up in his truck, I said nothing, just planted a huge kiss on him, we "followed" that up with - well - you know, talked and - well you know - all night. We have been lustfully in love ever since. We married and I have never been happier in my life!!!

i met my wife on the highway one night. she was flashing truck drivers. It was pure majic when we met in person.Sad`to say after 8 years of marriage we've been seperated for 10 months. even so, I've never loved anybody that much before.I feel so lucky for the time I had with her. Oh well,maybe god has something else in mind. ...some great stories here,brought a tear to my eye.

• I met my husband of 6 years at a BAR! LOL!

We dated for 5 months, ran to Vegas and got married a week before he left for Iraq (Marine Corps). Our first year of marriage we spent on different continents.

We're still ridiculously lovey-dovey. We just had our first child 6 months ago.

Thank goodness for bars!