sunshine asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 decade ago

Mr. Bubble = infections?

Does Mr. Bubble bubble bath give you a bladder or yeast infection?

Favorite Answer

I did not know they still made that junk, cough, bubble bath. Mr. Bubble has been around for a very long time. I can remember it giving me infections and all sorts of problems when I was a little girl, and unfortunately, they still use the same original formula that they always have. There is even a caution on some web sites that sell it, as well as on some of the labels that worns you that excessive or prolonged use can cause irritation to skin and the urinary tract and to discontinue using it if rash, redness, or itching occurs.

So, what about Mr. Bubble makes hundreds of kids itch? For some its the Sodium Laureth Sulfate which can be harsh on the vaginal area. For others its the Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate which can burn and cause all sorts of problems. For others its the fragrance that is added that causes all of the problems. For others it's the Quaternium 15. Regardless of which ingredient you or your child is sensitive too, it most certainly can irritate you and cause painful bladder infections, urinary tract infections, and even yeast infections. It's definately not on my top ten list of bubble bath.

If you are looking for good bubble bath, that is sensitive, I recommend Avon's Sensitive Skin Bubble Bath. It produces a large number of bubble's, and it doesn't aggravate even the most sensitive of skin.

The answer from Ky was very good. Manufacturers have to notify us of possible side effects, but I suspect the UTIs are an infrequent response more likely caused by skin sensitivity. I would stay with mild soaps for children in any case, and unless you overdo the amount or use a soap to which your child is sensitive, there is probably no problem. I have sensitive skin and would probably not have been able to have bubbles daily, due to the drying effect. If your chlild's skin tends to be sensitive, rinsing off after might be a good idea. (Always rinse off after bath salts, adult or child - salts draw out contaminants, and you will be rinsing off drying salts at the least and salt water with toxins at most. ) Your skin is your largest organ, so even a small amount of irritant if spread over the entire body can have an influence. My guess is that some, not all, of those UTIs have to do with washing the bottom back-to-front, when nature made us to wipe and wash the other way. (Urine has antiseptic qualities.) This can also occur from getting in the tub with a dirty bottom and scrooching to reach soap or a toy or a wash rag. So - as a general practice, that part should get washed first. Not the best topic, but not having live-in grannies does have its drawbacks when it comes to awkward questions.

• iggy

Mr Bubble Foam Soap

• Annie

From the internet: BATHING AND HYGIENE

Avoid bath soaps, lotions, gels, etc., which contain perfumes and may smell nice but can be irritating. This includes many baby products and feminine hygiene products marked "gentle" or "mild". Dove, Neutrogena and Pears are the soaps we suggest.

Avoid all bubble baths, bath salts and scented oils. You may apply a neutral (unscented, non-perfumed) oil such as "Keri Oil" to damp skin after getting out of the tub or shower. Do not apply oils directly to the vulva.

Do not scrub vulvar skin with a washcloth -- washing with your hand is enough for good cleaning.

Pat dry, rather than rubbing with a towel. Use a hairdryer on a cool setting when skin is sore or tender to the touch.

Avoid all over-the-counter creams or ointments, without asking your health care provider first.

Soak in lukewarm bathwater with 4-5 tablespoons of baking soda to help soothe vulvar itching and burning. Soak 2-3 times a day for 10-15 minutes.

Small amounts of "A&D" ointment may be applied to your vulva as often as needed to protect the skin. It may also help to decrease skin irritation during your period and when you urinate.

Use white, unscented toilet paper. If paper has a perfumed scent, avoid using it.

Avoid all feminine hygiene sprays, perfumes, adult or baby wipes. Pour lukewarm water over the vulva after urinating, if urine causes burning of the skin. Pat dry rather than rubbing with a towel.

They say if you are prone to them bubble baths can do that because they change the PH balance of your skin

scented soaps can be a problem too.

also make sure tub is cleaned thoroughly

You might want to try some other type bath oils, therapeutic aromatherapy, organic foam or

aveeno oatmeal bath or salts

http://everything2.com/index.pl?node=yeast%20infec...

Do they still make that stuff? When I was little about 40 yrs. ago I had it in my bath and it burned my vaginal area terribly. I can still remember it. I would say yes as baths can indeed cause problems on their own.

yes bubble bath can give you a uti

omg i thought i was the only one who thought Mr. Bubble hurt down there i guess not!!!

but yeah it can

Yes it does, my daughter new could use this with out having problems.

Yes it is possible. it is also possible to get one just from simply taking a bath. you can get one in the shower when you wash yourself with soap......I guess it really depends if it gets in the vagina, and how sensitive the person is.....it sucks for us girls.