This is a serious question.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Suze
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

It is becoming meaningless.

I think of Anchor Babies...people entering US illegally, having babies and that's their ticket to stay.

The practice takes advantage of the law giving those born in USA Citizenship. Our government turns a blind eye to all the illegals do, making MY citizenship meaningless.

Obama, Clinton and McCain pander and downright bow down to the Illegal Immigrant interests and US Citizens pay for it.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It used to mean a person left there own country behind and embraced their new country and felt pride in doing so. Now many do not wish to even become citizens. They get most of the same rights without the commitment. It is just about meaningless today.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

From what I've heard, Mexicans don't want to have to go through the channels - they just want to make some money. And with so many people wanting to hand out drivers licenses and stuff to illegals for free, what's stopping them?

• :D
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Mexicans jumping over the boarder, not earning their citizenship. :)

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Becoming American and integrated into our culture.

Source(s): Wonder who is deleting questions and answers in this section? "Lori K" "I'm Gonna Start Another Riot" "Dirty Martini"
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.