? asked in EnvironmentGlobal Warming · 1 decade ago

What are methods to produce energy without contributing to global warming?

What are methods to produce energy without contributing to global warming, I know that so far turbines could help us, do you know any others?

I'm only looking for answers to my question. If you want to comment on something or make a statement or WHATEVER like that, then take it somewhere else, I'm not interested.

Favorite Answer

Green energy includes natural energetic processes that can be harnessed with little pollution. Anaerobic digestion, geothermal power, wind power, small-scale hydropower, solar power, biomass power, tidal power and wave power fall under such a category. Some versions may also include power derived from the incineration of waste.

I like the answer from above that says "Use less Energy" but your question specifically asks about non contribution to global warming.

The issue is not that we are contributing to climate change (have you ever heard of us making a hurricane go away? Humans are NOT that powerful). It is that we are wasteful and greedy. We may be contributing to smog and unclean AIR, which in turn gives hospitals excessive loads of emergency asthma cases, etc. But

Let's dry our clothes on lines and 'clothes horses' (I have both) and let's walk to the village if we are close enough. Let's ride a bike if we can to go to the grocery store.

Let's car pool and 3 families buy from the big stores once a week, or even once a month, and share petrol (gas).

Those kinds of personal savings use will help YOUR bills and give the rest of the world a chance to catch up.

The other person named very good uses of alternative fuel production and I hope the research scientists are going full steam ahead on those.

• Rick

Let's see now - the 'environmental movement' won't allow any new drilling or refineries = they are the ones spearheading the "Global Warming Theory"

The 'environmentalists' have successfully shut off building any nuclear power plants for several decades.

The 'environmentalists' want the USA to 'tear down' all dams = hydroelectric gone.

The 'environmentalists' shut down 'wind farms' in Kennedy's back yard = 'it will kill the birds'

"Global Warming" a threat? = Who are you Environ Whackos trying to fool?

Nuclear

• Questioninger person

Let me start off by saying we (my family and I) live 100% off of the grid and are completely self-sufficient with a 0% Carbon footprint. I believe this is the first step anyone can make “help the environment”. Once you convert your own life style to a greener more eco friendly route, you can start helping others.

my home has all the comforts listed above plus some. we live very comfortable without effecting the environment. just saying that tolet you know it's possible. you may not want to go as extreme as me and my family but anywhere in between is something.

Without getting to in depth here, Using alternative fuels in your vehicles and harnessing your own electricity from the sun, water, earth and wind are the 2 are key elements in making a green transition and erasing your carbon footprint.

I've been installing home made Solar panels. Solar stoves, Solar batch and inline hot water heaters. Solar radiant heating. Solar home heating and AC, along with home made wind gens and other alternative energy items for the last 3 years.

You can even make the above projects on site with simple parts from the local hardware stores or auto stores or junk yards. For more info check out some guides I wrote / compiled on how to DIY www agua-luna com

Again these projects can be accomplished anywhere by anyone.

if you absolutely can't do anything in your home at least you can put alternative fuels in your car. most major automotive manufacturers (Chrysler, Ford, and General Motors, etc) recommend the use of bio fuels, and nearly every car manufacturer in the world approves ethanol blends in their warranty coverage.

In fact your probably even driving an ethanol car and didn't even know it.

The trick is finding fuel.

I've been producing biofuel for about 3 years now, it's not extremely difficult. Basically you need general household ingredients, a processor (or still for ethanol) and some used oil. Blend it, let separate, screen and use. I complied a guide a while back to help walk you threw the process step by step, just email me or check out..

www agua-luna com

as for recyling the best way i've found without taking money from your won pocket is to join a free freecycle group in your area or visit the habitat for humanity.

If you’d like help in making your self sufficient steps, feel free to contact me directly. I’ve written several how-to DIY guides available at www agua-luna com

on the subject. I also offer online and on-site workshops, seminars and internships to help others “help the environment”.

Hope this helped, feel free to contact me personally if you have any questions if you’d like assistance in making your first self sufficient steps, I’m willing to walk you step by step threw the process. I’ve written several how-to DIY guides available at www agua-luna com on the subject. I also offer online and on-site workshops, seminars and internships to help others help the environment.

Dan Martin

Retired Boeing Engineer now living 100% on Alternative & Author of How One Simple Yet Incredibly Powerful Resource Is Transforming The Lives of Regular People From All Over The World... Instantly Elevating Their Income & Lowering Their Debt, While Saving The Environment by Using FREE ENERGY... All With Just One Click of A Mouse...For more info Visit:

www agua-luna com

Stop Global Warming, Receive a FREE Solar Panels Now!!!

Source(s): www agua-luna com

no, you can not produce energy with out producing some kind of green house gas.

The products that you use to cut the GHG had to be made and when they were made they used some kind of energy to make them and they produce green house gas.

right now we do not have the technology to make anything with out producing green house gas. but it will come!

Nuclear, wind, sunlight, hydro (Hoover Dam)

Wind, wave, solar, nuclear, and geothermal come to mind.

• Ken

Here's a variety of very interesting ones (some with great potential):

http://www.logicalscience.com/technology/

What about using less energy?