Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFantasy Sports · 1 decade ago

I need a big fantasy PF/C!?

I just picked up TJ Ford but my team needs a big man. Should I drop Raja Bell and go after a big guy? Raja has been inconsistent but I don't know if he's the type of guy you drop. Any suggestions?

Best Answer

Chris Webber is always a possibility but try to get smaller name guys like Ryan Gomes and Troy Murphy who would get you 10 points and 6-8 rebounds, and 1-2 threes a game, eventually those numbers add up. But I would pick up Hakim Warrick, if he gets the playing time, he will be a beast like when Pau was injured. He would get you points, boards, blocks, and steals. I would look into maybe Stromile Swift, because of Jason Kidd. If he made Miki Moore look like an all star last year.

Another possibility is Brendan Haywood.

Source(s): Myself

I would not drop Raja because he can come in handy with three's. Ford may not be coming back this year and probably won't start again since Calderon has filled in so well, so I'd drop him. Are you looking for a waiver wire pickup to fill your PF/C slot, or are you looking to trade for a really good player.

If you're going to trade, you can find a few guys such as Andris Biedrins, Brendan Haywood, and Samuel Dalembert who can fly under the radar, yet help tremendously in rebounds, blocks, and FG%.

If you're picking up someone, see if Jeff Foster is available. He's been grabbing tons of rebounds since O'Neal has been injured. Also, you can look for Kurt Thomas.

Hope I helped!

If you can be patient wait for Elton Brand, but depending on how deep your league is Sean Williams on the Nets he breaking out. This month Theo Ratliff will be back in uniform, he was doing great until his knee started acting up.

Realistically you may have to make a trade. I will usually give up a scorer for a rebounder/blocker any day. So losing Raja is not a big deal because everybody shoots the ball, its the specialty categories that will win it for you.

The odds of AL Jefferson being a free agent is very unlikely, and last I checked Webber isn't on a team, he just signed with the Warriors. Dont' expect to see great points if you get him, but rebouds should be there. Ive picked up Sean Williams who helped a little. Jeff Foster from Indy might be a good pick up since jemaine o'neal is out for the season. Other than that yea there really aren't any good PF/C's available

Don't drop Raja he's gonna come out of his slump. Drop someone else. Pick up Darko Milicic he's getting more minutes in result of Pau Gasol going to the Lakers. Darko's good for blocks, rebounds, and sometimes points.

tj ford shouldn't be that good coming back. calderon has settled into the starting pg role. keep raja. he has been cold lately, but there's a good chance he'll find his shot again. if you need a big guy, try darko milicic, kurt thomas, hakim warrick, or jeff foster. they're not the best big men in the world, but if you need one bad, pick one of them up for ford.

If Chris Webber is out there, he might be a good choice for the short-term. If not try Al Thronton if he is still out their, because he has had games of 23 and 33 points in his last three

i would not drop raja. try trading him to a team that needs threes. big men are hard to find so you may have to trade someone depending on what you have available.

Well if i were u, i would look at Al Jefferson from the Timberwolves. He is a pretty consistent player and always has about 20 points and 10 rebounds everygame.

I'm guessing you're in a pretty deep league, so I'll give you some advice. Pick up Nazr Mohammed. I know he doesn't sound great, but because he was traded to Charlotte, he has become a great rebounding and blocking source.

Source(s): I am 1st in my 15 team h2h league 3rd in my 8 team league 6th in my 20 team league