Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleMakeup · 1 decade ago

the best lip balm...?

i want to know whats the best lip balm like whats the best tasting/ the best moisturizing/ non sticky/ pretty lip balm ever!

also im a sucker for cute packaging any suggestions?

i dont get on well with the body shop they ruined my skin i got there cleaner toner and moisturizer and it burned and my skin went dry and flaky i looked like i had a skin disease it was awful it took weeks to recover properly and all they woman in the shop said is its not supposed to do that! well duh!!!!

Favorite Answer

Overall best moisturizing you'll ever try...

#1) Jenulence! The packaging isn't "pretty", it comes in a white tube with a label. They do not test on animals! Price: $5.00-7.00 per lip balm.

http://www.jenulence.com/catalog/Lip_Balms-20-1.ht...

Nurishing Seabuckthorn lip balm: you can get in Peppermint and the scent is nice, but it doesn't have a real taste to it. It's 100% natural and just the best...no need to keep reapplying, like other moisturizing balms...absolutely not "sticky".

Cold Sore Healing lip balm: this is amazing for dry, cracked, chapped lips too & you don't have to have cold sores to use it. The ingredients are all natural and this works way better than Carmex or Blistex. Again, the scent isn't fabulous, but it's not awful either & there isn't a real taste to this product...not "sticky" at all.

Alkanet Root DMAE lip balm: this is completely naturally pigmented by alkanet root & contains no cosmetic colorants like iron oxides, coated titanium dioxide, FD&C or Lake dyes. It gives a red wine type "tint" that is buildable to preference by applying more or less. The added DMAE works as a lip plumper. This is a very moisturizing balm as well. It's not fruity scented or flavored & absolutely not sticky.

Plumping DMAE lip balm: this is another great lip balm from Jenulence. You can get it in chocolate scent and it's naturally scented/flavored with cocoa essential oil. It doesn't have a real taste to it, but the scent is very similar to a box of chocolates...no stickiness at all.

#2) TIED: Aromaleigh and Zosimos Botanicals. Both of these come in different scents/flavors. Aromaleigh's packaging is a little prettier than Zosimos Botanicals. Both come in a clear balm tube w/ a plastic/clear label. The texture of these balms is a little thinner than Jenulence & are clearer in color. Aromaleigh uses absolutes for scent/flavoring, while Zosimos uses extracts. Both use natural ingredients. They both moisturize well, but need to be applied more often than Jenulence. Neither are "sticky". Aromaleigh has several more options than Zosimos in scents/flavors. Prices are $5.50 each for Aromaleigh (at least once a month, these are on sale 25% off): http://www.aromaleigh.com/neararli.html and $4.50 each balm at Zosimos Botanicals: http://www.zosimosbotanicals.com/index.php/cPath/8...

#3) Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm: The packaging is much like Jenulence, a bit more plane, but with a yellow tube and sticker label (and 2 cute bees on the label). This balm texture is very similar to Jenulence, and is scented with a very pleasant peppermint oil. It's all natural, very moisturizing, but will need applied more often than Jenulence and about as often, maybe just once more than the other 2 listed above. Price is roughly $3:00 a lip balm, depending where you buy. http://www.burtsbees.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet...

#3) Kiss My Face Organic lip balm "treat mint": This is about tied with Burt's Bees above for moisturizing. The cool minty effect is a bit stronger on this balm. It has titanium dioxide added for a natural SPF. The packaging is still somewhat plain, but it's slightly prettier than Burt's Bees and Jenulence. The texture is thin and I find that I need to reapply it more often than Burt's Bees. It works better than ChapStick, and about as good as Carmex or Blistex. Price: $3.50 per lip balm.

http://kissmyfacewebstore.com/detail/KMF+1500156/O...

#4) Carmex: I don't think I need to describe this one so much. It shouldn't be used everyday. Price is under $2.

#5) Murad Soothing Skin & Lip Therapy: This product is "okay" ...works better than Blistex at moisturizing. Price: $14 per tube. http://www.murad.com/ibeCCtpItmDspRte.jsp?a=b&item...

Source(s): personal experience and product testing.

I love everything to do with moisturized and healthy lips, but sometimes it's hard to find good products, here are some of my personal favorites!

REVO:

You can find these at Walgreens and the smell and taste of these are absolutely wonderful. They have a lot of different scents such as strawberry, grape, cherry, watermelon, and many seasonal flavors. They are also very moisturizing.

SUGAR LIP SCRUBS:

My favorite is the caramel cray-cray lip scrub from the website, perfectly posh.com it smells and tastes amazing and moisturizers very well.

VASELINE LIP THERAPY:

Heals extremely chapped Lips fast and feels so good on the lips.

Until I found Neutrogena's Lip Boost Intense Moisture Therapy, I was always unsatisfied with my lip products.

It is moisturizing, squeezes out so you feel like you are really wearing something, it stays on for a long time, brings out the natural color/blush of your lips, has a perfect subtle mint flavor, not mediciney at all, is not sticky at all (more petroleum based), and my boyfriend loves it when we kiss.

I HIGHLY recommend it to everyone. Even better than expensive "designer" lip products I have tried.

I ve never used anything other than Carmex s original jar. That s the best lip balm in my opinion! Always leaves my lips feeling naturally moist instead of that weird, waxy feeling that other lip balms give them. They also have a very fashionable new packaging and stylish tube/stick that you ll probably like :) https://mycarmex.com/lip-care/original-jar

I like Burt's Bees (I know everyone says that and you probably think that it's kinda boring but seriously, it's almost better than EOS...) EOS, Baby Lips, and there's this one lip balm and it's Mango by the brand Aloe Gator... I got it in the mail for some reason :P.

My favorite Burt's Bees lip balm... I've only tried vanilla so far... BUT IT'S AWESHOME SAUSH!

Burts Bees! They have all kinds of Natural lip balms with flavor, color & vitamins! You'll love it. Not sticky or anything!!

Source(s): burts bees user!!

Try Aquafina (yeah, the people who purify water) Hydrating lip oil. It works sooo well and it makes your lips feel really nice...and it's glossy but soooo not sticky! It works great as a clear gloss, too! I looked for a link, but i couldn't find one, so sorry! i got mine at wal-mart, so i'm assuming that's the place to find it!

LOL!The best lip balm i think is MARKor Cocoa Butter Lip Balm it smells great works great not sure how it tastes though.But u have to try it!!!!

anything with a wax base is the best for your lips even better if its organic... using anything by blistex/carmex is not a good idea because your lips become dependent on it so if you dont have it your lips get really dry and cracked.... like they said burts bees is very good....

Burt's Beeswax