Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 1 decade ago

Which is the most beautiful language? And the ugliest?

Put in order the following languages from the most beautiful to the ugliest (Chinese, English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, Romanian)..Please do not add other languages!

• Best Answer

Very few people actually find languages to be beautiful or ugly. Usually, when people give an opinion about a language, they are expressing a stereotype about the people who use it. This is why countries associated with the arts and high culture, such as France and Italy, are said to have the most beautiful languages whilst countries which are associated with bad things, such as Germany, are said to have unpleasant languages.

Interestingly, Mark Twain, who was writing before the two world wars and the holocaust, said that it was impossible to convey anger or aggression in the German language. The language has changed little since then, but our perceptions of its speakers (which are very outdated) have changed immensely. Our perception of accents is the same. Often, accents that are considered to be unpleasant in the country in which they are spoken (such as the Liverpool accent in Britain and the southern accent in the US) are quite appealing to foreigners, since they do not know any of the stereotypes about the people who use them.

Anyway, if it is possible to give opinions on languages for purely aesthetic reasons I would say Chinese first (that is probably what I would think if I knew nothing about any of the countries in which these languages are spoken) and English last (just because when people are speaking English I can understand the awful things they say - but again, that is not the language's fault).

I actually find German to be quite beautiful. Remember that as well as being the language of the Nazis, it is also the language of Mozart, Beethoven and Goethe; the language of some of the most beautiful music and literature ever written.

• david5 years agoReport

German? You must be jesting. You mention the great German composers. They wrote in Italian. Almost all opera is in Italian. By far, Italian is the most beautiful language in the world. It has no peer.

RE:

Source(s): beautiful language ugliest: https://trimurl.im/j38/which-is-the-most-beautiful...

Most Beautiful Language

German

Portuguese

English

Romanian

Chinese

Italian

French

Spanish

I'm spanish, so I won't put spanish =)

1. Italian

2. Portuguese

3. German

4. English

5. Romanian

6. French

7. Chinese

1.Spanish

2.French

3. Italian

4. Portuguese

5. English

6. German

7. Romanian

8. Chinese

Portuguese

English

Italian

French

Greek

Latin

• 1. French (Beau)

2. Italian

3. English

4. Spanish

5. Portuguese

6. Chinese (peculiar)

7. Romanian

8. German (Rauh)

I think Arabic is the most beautifulest language,but since thats not in your list i'll say Spanish or italian,and the ugliest would be chinese or german.

Spanish, Italian, Ukrainian, Polish