How much apple sauce do i need to replace 1 egg?

I am vegan and making pancakes out of a box (yes the mix is vegan.... And organic! =D) I've got everything i need, Including the apple sauce in replacement of the eggs..

But i don't know how much to use. So how much apple sauce do i need to replace 1 egg?

(i don't want to hear it from you people who think i am stupid. If you send me hate mail, Tell me i am stupid, Tell me i am gonna die, Or anything like that.... I WILL report you... And your openion doesn't matter to me)

Favorite Answer

have substituted apple sauce for eggs before and it worked out fine. But you can't just add applesauce, you have to add baking powder with it.

The Ratio to replace 1 egg in a recipe is as follows:

1 egg- 1/4 cup applesauce PLUS 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder

2 egg- 1/2 cup applesauce Plus 1 teaspoon Baking Powder

Etc.

The baking powder is the key, it must be used with the applesauce.

Good Luck!

• Tiffany5 years agoReport

I just used the substitute ingredients for the eggs in my pancakes. It worked great and delicious!

Substitute Applesauce For Eggs

• larmon

Applesauce Egg Substitute

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

(i don't want to hear it...

Source(s): apple sauce replace 1 egg: https://tr.im/htOsL

In Desserts and Sweet, Baked Goods: Try substituting one banana or 1/4 cup applesauce for each egg called for in a recipe for sweet, baked desserts. These will add some flavor to the recipe, so make sure bananas or apples are compatible with the other flavors in the dessert.

1/4 cup per egg.

I would like to know if cranberry sauce can be used the same as applesauce in this type of instance. The reason I ask is I have a vegan customer that loves chocolate covered cranberries. For her birthday I have been requested by her husband to attempt to make a Chocolate covered cranberry cake. I was thinking if I can use cranberry sauce in the place of the eggs. Then I can make the cranberry flavor stand out a bit more by adding the sauce to the cake mix itself. Also I've learned that chocolate cakes with applesauce just taste like chocolate cake. I'm hoping if it is possible that the cranberry will then stand side-by-side with the chocolate flavor of the cake. Rather than being drowned out by it. So if anyone knows or has an answer for this dalima . It would be greatly appreciated.

Dear,

You might get some help from

http://artofculinary.net

Good Luck

that's interesting. I didn't know that you can replace eggs with apples !

So what came first, the chicken or the apple blossom?

Is applesauce really a scrambled apple?

Do you decorate apples for Easter?

If you plant an apple, will a baby chicken hatch from the ground?

Can you get creative and use Pear sause instead of goose eggs?

Does an ostrich egg get replaced with watermellon sause?

Why not use eggplant sause??

use one Tablespoon of water instead 1egg in baking :) applesauce instead of oil, equal amounts

Source(s): culinary school graduate, aspiring chef, vegetarian