Do you think illegal Immigrants pay taxes?

Have you ever heard of a ITIN?What about all the taxes they pay,but never get back like we do.Where does all that money go?

"Experts say the 8 million to 11 million illegal immigrants in the United States contribute untold billions each year in payroll taxes."

That quote is from 2004 btw,it's probably more now!

Can some of you people read?If you can't answer the question I asked then go to another question!

You don't need a SSN to get a ITIN!!

For some people on here,you don't always need a link to know something for a fact!

YODA I bet you know all about that huh? I find it funny that you keep preaching about this,but a while back on here you liked to use my name,it may not be the exact same but u were using my identity on answers!Which under the rules here says it's illegal.What do you got to say about that?

Favorite Answer

i actually know they pay taxes plus the SS taxes which are the ones which some anti-immigrants take into account are in not way compared to the sale taxes they pay .

for example this would be NM numbers :

ITEP

estimates New Mexico’s average tax rates for that wage

level are 7.4 percent of income for gross receipts tax,

0.84 percent of income for property tax (passed on to

renters) and 1.4 percent for income tax. An unauthorized

immigrant family with an income of $25,850 would pay

$2,230 in sales taxes, $254 in property taxes, and $422 in

income tax. The combined sales and property tax burden

on this family would be $2,485, while the total tax burden

if income taxes are paid would be $2,907

...... if u read down u can also see the cost of schooling the undocumented which is still below what they actually pay total in taxes .

here something interesting in which California is mentioned :

#

Tax contributions. Immigrants in California give an estimated $4.5 billion in state taxes and an additional $30 billion in federal taxes. Immigrant households in the Wash-ington, DC metropolitan region paid an es-timated $9.8 billion in taxes in 1999-2000. This amounts to 19% of the taxes paid from the entire region.

#

Net contributors. Undocumented workers contribute to Social Security through pay-roll taxes – as much as $7 billion annually - but they are restricted from accessing those very benefits they subsidize. In other words, they are net contributors to a system that all Americans rely on.

I'm an illegal immigrant and I pay taxes. I was brought here from Jamaica when I was nine years old. I came here and went to school and eventually became a Radiological Technologist, and then I got my bachelors in cell biology. I currently have a Masters as a Physician's Assistant. I came here to this country to make something of myself not to live off the money of others (tax payers).

If you pay taxes, you attract less attention. If you don't pay taxes, sometimes you attract less attention.

Some do.. some don't. Some have multiple I.D.s and they do on some I.D.s, and do not on others.

=========================

This world we are looking at with this question and others, is a huge illegal pocket that is very, very ugly down there. We see the top of it.. we almost NEVER see the bottom. We have dribbling dolts in congress who saw the gay lights, and pretty.. and they are not the ones who should get near running out country.

• whiz

Yes of course they do!! They pay sales tax when they buy a six pack of beer or a pack of cigarettes!!! So what??? All that does is give you "pro illegals" a reason to claim they "pay taxes".

1. But where does all the money go when an illegal criminal alien commits identity FRAUD and applies for and receives benefits and services they aren't legally entitled to?? Obviously it goes to the illegal criminal alien!! They certainly aren't committing a felony to get a library card!!

2. What happens when an illegal criminal alien works UNDER THE TABLE and pays no income taxes whatsoever.

And most importantly, why did you not ACKNOWLEDGE these two examples of what illegal criminal aliens do in our country???????????

(Especially in Arizona, which has the highest rate of identity FRAUD in the U.S.)

According to the Social Security Administration they have a"Earning Suspense file". This file has been mushrooming ever since:$345 billion worth of wages ended up in this file.

In the Current decade,the file is growing,on average, by more than $50 billion a year, generating $7 billion in Social Security tax revenue and about $1.5 billion in medicare taxes.

"Our assumption is that about three-quarters of other than legal immigrants pay payroll taxes" said Stephen C Gross Social Security's chief actuary, using the agency's term for illegal immigration.

This Amount does not include the payroll taxes for those that use anothers Social Security number or immigrants that have obtained an 1-10 Tax Identification.

If you pay a morgage or rent ,your pay District School taxes, Every time you make a purchase you pay sales taxes, Every time you use a service you pay service taxes.

So do the Undocumented !

Additional:

Susan Combs, Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts'

Special Report:

1. The Economic impact of undocumemted immigrants in Texas.

2.The contributions of the undocumented immigrants on Texas revenues.

Population of Texas.......23 million

Population of undocumented....1.4- 1.6 million.

$28 billion in state revenue,

$1.6 billion in state revenue contributed, by undocumented taxpayers

Texas expended little or no State money on Undocumented immigrants, They paid their own way in Texas!

http://www.window.state.tx.us/specialrpt/undocumen...

Another falsehood spread by the antis is that Mexicans sent Billions of Dollars out of the USA each month to their families in Mexico.

There are 1 million Americans living in Mexico. Remittances from the United States to Mexico have risen dramatically from $9 billion to $14 billion in just two years. Though initially interpreted as representing a huge spike in undocumented workers (who send parts of their salaries across the border to family).

"It turns out to be mainly money sent by Americans to themselves in order to finance Mexican homes and retirements."

http://www.yucatanliving.com/print.php?article=144

No, I don't think they pay taxes.

Ultimately, because they skip out on taxes, illegal immigrants are actually rewarded for the lower wages they can automatically accept. In essence, they have a much higher effective purchasing power from each dollar--which they, as illegal immigrants uniquely enjoy--and therefore have lots of available employment. This is discriminatory against the least fortunate of U.S. citizens in a perverse, backwards sort of way.

Yes they pay taxes but so what - they don't freakin exist - you know the government doesn't care its more money to them that's all they care about bottom line - that's what the whole thing boils down to $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.The Illegals want money , Americans want money greedy corporate execs want money too.The sooner you learn about the real world the better.

They don't pay enough. THey do not pay anywhere near as much as they take in education, healthcare and other public services.

I never get back any either and no matter how much I withhold during the year, my tax bill keeps going up and I still write a check on April 15th.

Where did you get the idea that everyone gets a tax refund?

• TLB

Yes many do pay taxes, just not enough. And its not "untold" amounts as you, or anyone else says.

EDIT~~~~

OK...here are the real numbers...

~~~FEDERAL LEVEL~~~

Although we find that the net effect of illegal households is negative at the federal level, the same is not true for Social Security and Medicare. We estimate that illegal households create a combined net benefit for these two programs in excess of $7 billion a year, accounting for about 4 percent of the total annual surplus in these two programs. However, they create a net deficit of $17.4 billion in the rest of the budget, for a total net loss of $10.4 billion.

~~~STATE OF CA.~~~

Analysis of the latest Census data indicates that California's illegal immigrant population is costing the state's taxpayers more than $10.5 billion per year for education, medical care and incarceration. Even if the estimated tax contributions of illegal immigrant workers are subtracted, net outlays still amount to nearly $9 billion per year. The annual fiscal burden from those three areas of state expenditures amounts to about $1,183 per household headed by a native-born resident.

EDIT#2~~~~~~~

the median income for Hispanics living in New Mexico $14,577....that might change a few of those fuzzy math numbers.

http://www.census.gov/prod/2006pubs/p60-231.pdf

Source(s): I NEVER get a refund

Be nice while there here they pay there own hospital Bills> Social services> Food> Housing> Taxs most get payed under the table>When the last time you wentto the SS office the lines are long trying to get there money>

• Well i don't live in USA so, i can't tell, but i know that their familys don't pay taxes here in Mexico, and nobody can do anything about it, my country sucks, really... n_n