Are there female to male transsexuals who are attracted to men?

From what I've learned about transsexuals and seeing documentaries, talk shows, and in sex ed class, I've noticed that male to female (MtF) are usually either "heterosexual" women or lesbians, but all the female to male (FtM) that I've seen only like women.

Has that ever existed/been possible? A woman who feels she is a "gay man" and is attracted to men and feels as if she is one? I know that's been in some cases with men who become women, but I never seen it the other way around. Is it rare?

I know some FtM date MtFs, but I'm talking about FtM's who date only men as men.

• Mike
    Favorite Answer

Trans men attracted primarily/exclusively to men?

Sure. I'm a trans man and primarily gay, and I know there are a few others here on YA who are similar. Among trans community groups I've been part of it doesn't seem that rare at all, I think it just hasn't been noticed as much by popular media. Trans men/trans masculine people in general don't get nearly as much attention as trans women/trans feminine people.

Though fyi, I'm not a woman who "became" a gay man. I have always been a man. All I changed were the details of my life, making is possible for me to live as a man.

For myself, I do not believe GENDER is what defined my sexual preference; I was attracted to men before realizing I was female to male transsexual. I identify as a gay man, (not as a gay transsexual man). I am a female to male transsexual, which is my 'label', but I am a man, which is my 'truth'. Being that I am attracted to men, I would be considered or 'labeled' as gay. Labels do not bother me unless they are used maliciously. Hope that doesn't sound too stupid or confusing. :-)

Yes, gay trans men exist. HE is attracted to gay men, and is a man who was born female-bodied.

It is more unusual for FtM trans men to be gay, just like it's more unusual for cisgendered men to be gay.

Source(s): Gay FtM trans man

Yes, of course there are. Being a transsexual does not automatically mean he or she is one orientation or the other. We tend to be all over the map so to speak as much as every other segment of society is. Simply put gender identity issues are not orientation issues at all.

• Yea, why wouldn't there be, infact i've heard of a straight woman who wanted, and felt that she was a gay man on the inside

Source(s): I forgot where, sorry
  • Diane

Yes, there are gay transsexual men.

The last survey I saw said that around 10% of transmen described themselves as gay; around 85% as straight; around 40% of transwomen described themselves as lesbian, and around 50% as straight (I know that doesn't add up to 100%; The remainder preferred not to say).

(And, btw; a transsexual man isn't 'a woman who becomes a man' and a transsexual woman isn't 'a man who becomes a woman'.)

Source(s): I'm a woman who was born transsexual.

It does happen. I am not a gay FTM but I do know that it does happen

Yes, there are gay FTMs. I am one of them!

Source(s): personal experience

Yes, theres actually quite a lot.

Source(s): Bisexual FtM

yes there are many of them out there.