is losing 2 stones in 2 months a realistic aim?

if it isn't, how many months should i give myself in order to achieve a weight loss of 2 stones (bearing in mind i hope to go running 3-4 times a week, an hour per run)???? My exams start around May and want to be fitter and in better shape by then.

• sanny
    Favorite Answer

Take your time losing the weight.The faster you lose it the faster you will put it back on. Eat healthily and exercise and lose the weight gradually.

• litman

Losing 2 Stone

• Brandy

You would be doing very well to lose a stone in a month but would need to exercise at least one hour a day and cut out all junk, if you set hard goals like that you may be disappointed if you don't meet them and then return to your bad habits, don't stress over an exact amount of weight loss over an exact period of time, whats the rush? enjoy life, eat healthy and exercise and the weight has to come off

Depends how much you weigh to begin with some people lose weight extremely quick! My weight goes up and down sometimes 6lb's in a day as to wether I eat alot or do alot but others struggle just keep at it and try your best and dont get dishartened if it takes a little longer.. you should try to run first thing in the morning before breakfast as this is the best time for weight loss!...............

good luck

first week expect to loose around 4lb, maybe more depending on how much water you are retaining, then realistically expect 2lb a week (if you manage to loose more then it's a bonus!) so two months should see you 20lb down. That's a pound short of a stone and a half.

Yes, I've lost almost a stone in 4 months just by eating properly and playing football once a week!

Since I started to work out I was looking for a good weight loss product (I only wanted something 100% natural). I was on a diet but I felt that I needed a little "help" so I decided to try this great detoxification colon cleanse and I had fantastic results. You can check their website at

http://www.no-stress-diet.us , they give you a free trial and you only pay $4.95 shipping and handling.

One thing that will help you lose weight: a colon cleanse. I was one of those who did not believe in them until I tried it. And I tried a few until I found a great one that works (its all natural too! - it's just pills, but you'll detox, lose weight, and fell much, much better). You can go to

http://www.fit-diet-fun.us and order you free trial, also you only pay $4.95 shipping and handling. Good luck!

Totally unrealistic. (For US members, that's 28 pounds). A safe weight loss is no more than 2 pounds a week. Since February's a short month, lets say that's 8 weeks, and a safe and reasonable loss would be 16 pounds.

A slower loss is more desirable, BTW, and more likely to stay off. Ideal is one pound per week.

Go for protein rather than sugar to keep energy levels going strong rather then crashing. Edamame in pods would be the perfect snack since it takes a long time to eat and a one-cup offering offers 12 grams of protein.

If you cut all the fat out of your diet and run every day you might do it, but it will be hard. It took me a year to lose 3 stone but that was just a diet change.