Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Why does John McCain get a free pass from the press?

Five Senators got caught with their fingers in the till...taking bribes. Three paid a price two were not held accountable...John McCain and John Glenn Why two standards?

Update:

Google the keating five

Update 2:

I am not convinced about the pass for liberals. I do not see Hillary or Obama getting a pass. I see them getting vetted very thoroughly.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Well as much as republicans hate political correctness they are also guilty of it. Mcain is a "war hero" because he was a POW.

That makes him untouchable and automatically qualified. Especially to a country so in love with militarism.

Mr. 9/11 was qualified in the same way.

• 1 decade ago

The Keating Five. It was a good question at the time. Here come my thumbs down but please read the links on "Hanoi" John McCain. I am a Vietnam vet and the members of my American Legion Post will not vote for McCain. Why would he have to have his P.O.W. records sealed by an Act of Congress if he was a "Hero" Because he wasn't.

http://www.vietnamveteransagainstjohnmcc...

http://www.usvetdsp.com/mcianhro.htm

• 1 decade ago

The Liberal press likes McCain because he often bashes his own party and sides with the Democrats.

Keating Five link below.

• 1 decade ago

The press likes McCain is the least electable Republican. If he wins the nomination, they will turn on him like a pack of Hyenas. Until then, they have to prop him up.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Same reason Bush got out of insider trading prosecution by the SEC when he was a younger businessman.

• 1 decade ago

McCain sells out Republicans and conservative principles all the time. The liberal media is friends because the enemy of my enemy is my friend. They hate conservatives.

• 1 decade ago

they like john mcCain now, because they know he's really a liberal. once he gets the nomination, they will turn on him

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Link, please.

I guess the passage of McCain-Feingold kind of negated it.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

proof?

• 1 decade ago

THEY LOVE HIS LIBERAL VEIWS.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.