Tee asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

New diet, getting results, but really low energy. what to do?

I am active in my mid twenties. I work full time and go to school part time. I work out 5 days a week. I just started a low fat diet a little over a month ago to help cut a few pounds and try to increase my energy level. Unfortunately, I carry most of my weight in my hips and thighs. So far I have lost four pounds. (5'5" now 155lbs)

I eat mostly fresh fruit, chicken, pasta, and salads now. When I dont have time to sit and eat, I eat yogurt and some fruit. I don't do well with taking vitamins so I try to drink a boost every day. Its just something about those pills. Lol, they are just too big.

I am not sick. I even went and got a check up because I thought I was coming down with the flu. Everything checked out normal. I still feel groggy and weighted all of the time. I would have thought that by now I would have felt much better as my body gets used to the new diet, but so far not yet. Any suggestions?

Favorite Answer

The boost will actaullly make you tired because it will give you a quick high then it will drop you fast and you feel extremly tired. So I would get rid of those. Another thing that might help is eating every three hours. It's called the three diet and it not only helps in losing weight faster, but it helps in keeping your energy level at it's highest. Now it will take a while for it to kick in like a couple of weeks, but it will help. As for the multi vitamin. I stringley suggest you take one because it will help alot in the energy department. Just take it really fast everymorning and it's over with like that. I always put mine on my kitchen counter so that I can see them every morning and I never forget to take them. Eating every three hoursr can be work, but totally worth it. Good job by the way on the four pounds! That's awsome! Just make sure you're lifting weights with the cardio! That way you can get maximum results!

You need to find a exercise program to boost your body's metabolism this will give you more energy and help you sleep better at night so when you wake up you feel more refreshed. For a good workout program go to http://dietprograms.googlepages.com there are some great workout programs there.

Good Luck

Make sure you're taking vitamins (I take the kids' Flintstone vitamins and I'm 20 and they work great) and that you're getting enough protein. Special K has some protein bars that actually don't taste like crap.

go 20 mph on your bike for 6 1 2 minutes

• start to eat complex carbs like brown bread pasta etc even dried apricots can help fight fatigue

find something with a lot of vitamin b if you really can't take vitamins.