Windows ME system restore not an option in list, display adapter uninstalled....?

My display adapter was somehow deleted and i cannot find one that is compatible with my computer. I already tried the "search for updated drivers" option, it just wants to reinstall the vga one i am currently running. my resolution is stuck at 640x480 and 16 bit color. so after searching for days for a display adapter i figured i should just do a system restore, well it's not even an option on the list from the start menu>programs>accessories>system tools. It's not there! I've used it before no problem.

But if i could just find the display driver for my model that's compatible that'd be awesome. my system board is acer laboratories inc. Ali 1631 1.0 on Windows ME. no idea what the display adapter was, thought it might have been a nvidia but they dont seem to be compatible plus even if it was a nvidia i wouldn't know which one to dl, i've tried about 10 already.Please someone help this is getting to be very aggrivating.

• andy t
    Favorite Answer

go to start then in the run box, type in "msconfig"

without the quotes

then the system restore will be on a button on the consol that opens.

Source(s): edit ....... havoc you are a no life to$$er!

click start

choose run

type

dxdiag

see if you have a graphics adapter listed

on startup page

if not the chances a good you have an AGP

video card and the AGP portion is unavailable

so its reverting to PCI VGA

could be the motherboard

could be lost the AGP motherboard driver

could be a BIOS corruption problem

start with dxdiag see what it says

and for Win Me you choose Win 9x drivers