noldzki asked in TravelAsia PacificPhilippines · 1 decade ago

"Tell me who your friends are, and I will tell you who you are." How will you explain this?

29 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

that means a loner and another loner click together.

• 4 years ago

It's actually based on a Biblical Proverb:

Solomon wrote:

“He that walketh with wise men shall be wise: but a companion of fools shall be destroyed."

(Proverbs 13:20)

• 1 decade ago

Related to the saying: Birds of a feather flock together... means similar people go to the same places doing the same things.

• 1 decade ago

This is an old saying and I think it means that people are viewed to be what they are based on the kind of relationship they have with other people--friends, family or neighbors. Outsiders might judge you based on the kind of friends you have--if they see you with bad gangs, they assume you are also a bad guy. That's what I think.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

If I may quote "The fast and the furious: Tokyo drift"

"Who you choose to be around you lets you know who you are"

humans tend to keep those who they are comfortable with or enjoy being with, close to them. The things you look for are often visible on these people, and who you choose to keep near you shows a lot about who you are, specifically what you look for in a friend.

Source(s): IB trained analytical mind
  • 1 decade ago

It simply mean, that, the kind of personality you have will reflect on the kind of people you go or deal with.

So it goes with the saying as well, people of the same feather flocks together.

• 1 decade ago

Which means that you are what you are by the company you keep. Friends influence you much more than your parents do because you are with them more often than you are with your parents. It is like "Birds of the same feather, flock together."

• 6 years ago

Hillary loves Donald Trump. That's what it means. Big, Dirty Money.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

People make choices about who to spend time with. Their choices reflect on their personality. Also, the kind of people who want to be friends with you is gonna depend on who you are.

• 5 years ago

Simple...Trump claims he s not a racist...BUT David Duke really likes him and we all know that Duke was an ex grand wizard of the KKK

So Trump is therefore a racist

• 1 decade ago

Well, I would say that the people (your friends) define you who are. The people you choose to be around shows the type of person you are.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.