Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHigher Education (University +) · 1 decade ago

Certified Public Accountants?

i am starting to get interested in being an accountant and was wondering what it is that Certified Public Accountants really do and who are some successful CPAs also what are the top companies for accountants and websites where i can find some more infomation thanks

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

a variety of tasks are done by accounts, audit is a big one, but accounts transactions, forcasting and even just data entry happen. To be honest, accounting is not a thrilling career but i can be a profitable one. So you know an accountant is different from a cpa. Cpas, need much more education, (usually a masters), must mantain educatoin, not violate the standards of the cpa title, get public work exp and pass the cpa exam which is on the same standard as the bar exam in difficulty. CPAs, do usually make more than a standard accountant.

I =really can't tell you any famous cpas, but i will say that accountants have often moved up into higher ranking execuative positions often.

The top 4 accounting companies, often referred to as the big 4 include:

pricewaterhousecooper

Earnst and young

KPMG

Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Hey..

You want to know about certified public accountants..??

Visit the following link

http://whitfieldd.com/

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.