Problem with Avast Antivirus?

I downloaded the free edition of Avast but then it seemed to cause some of my programs to shut down. I decided to unistall it, but then I couldn't find the setup utility. I tried every program I had to get rid of it and in the end I just deleted all the files from program files and cleaned the... show more I downloaded the free edition of Avast but then it seemed to cause some of my programs to shut down. I decided to unistall it, but then I couldn't find the setup utility. I tried every program I had to get rid of it and in the end I just deleted all the files from program files and cleaned the registry.

Anyways, later on I got a virus that wouldn't let me open my other antivirus and I ended up reseting my operating system.

Have you ever found a program with a missing uninstallation utility? Should I just have used the original setup file to uninstall the program? What should I do if I decide to try Avast again and there's no uninstallation program?