Innovative ideas for good governance! (anti-corruption ideas)?

Hey eveyrone! For all those familiar with the term "good governance" .. or simply anti-corruption issues...what kind of creative, smart ideas would you come up with when you think of fighting corruption in the Public administration? Few examples would be e-governance, the media, transparency procedures, accpountability and the rule of law...plus many others. Or at least do you know of some well-known insitutions that deal with these issues? I'd appreciate it if you could give me some weblinks, names of institutions, or even your own ideas regarding this issue...as its a major issue in almost all developing countries that face the problem of corruption. So what do you think?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Corruption in the public arena is the natural result of accumulation of power. Those who make and enforce the laws over the rest of the populace have no incentive to be "good".

Like the rest of us, they are out for their self-interest.

The solution? Limit the power of the federal government (as outlined in the U.S. Constitution, which most do not follow).

The article below is in the context of campaign finance reform, but it demonstrates that you can't fix corruption through more government.

The article is posted on the Ludwig von Mises Institute site. It is one of the few institutions that recognize that LESS government is the solution to society's problems.

Source(s): Corruption in Government? Llewellyn H. Rockwell, Jr. http://www.mises.org/freemarket_detail.aspx?contro...
    • Login to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

Any corrupted politician or government official , should get screwed. India should become like a kingdom where the punishments should be very severe. Then only a common man should spend his life happily. I completely Support Anna Hazare. Persons who doesn't support in my understanding is a completely corrupted man and doesnt deserve to be a human being.

• 1 decade ago

dont let the politicians vote on bills. have permanent polling places set up all across the country for national referendums on ALL bills.

Let the people decide.

The politicians have proven they can not be trusted to vote for what is best for the people.

Politicians vote for what is best for special interest groups that bribe, I mean ,donate money to them.

By removing the politicians from the decision making process, bribery, and pork barrel corruption would virtually be eliminated.

government of the people, by the people, and for the people.

• 1 decade ago

Excellent, JR!

How about public surveillance upon them for a change? Open monitors in their offices and homes. Wiretaps for their phones?

All available to the public on the internet until they restore our privacy back to us?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.