Can 2 people with different educational levels be happy in their marriage?

Follow
  • Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
Example of such a marriage would be that between a teacher and a salesgirl.I'm looking for your views/opinions and observations on the attitude of others.
Best Answer
yes, just like the north pole and south pole of a magnet,,,, opposites attract and can be very happy.

Depends how one would define happy and if the two had similar wants and plans.
  • Rate
  • Comment

Other Answers (11)

Rated Highest
  • Rated Highest
  • Oldest
  • Newest
  • Bruno V answered 6 years ago
    Yes. It doesn't matter if one had better education than the other. What matters is how much they love each ither.
    • Comment
  • Terena answered 6 years ago
    Of course you can. My husband spent his high school career in specieal ed classes until he finally dropped out. Me, however, I'm in grad school and I graduated high school with straight A's. Education level should not have an effect on a marriage where two people truly love eachother for who they are.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Prince Slop Bucket answered 6 years ago
    Yes.

I know some very smart high school grads and some very dumb collage grads.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Greg answered 6 years ago
    Only if they respect one another and are truly interested in one another, but then... that's the same for people of similiar education backgrounds. In fact, so long and there is respect and a high level of interest in one another, and both have a good attitude and good character, then the rest of crap people worry about is nonsense.

You just have to ask yourself if you can respect this person, do they respect you, are they interesting, are they interested in you, and do the two of you have good character and a positive attitude.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • jkrickettt answered 6 years ago
    Despite judging someone for their level of education or to rank a person for this reasons doesn't necessarily mean a person can't be compatible in a relationship with someone of a higher education or occupation. There are those who finish college and get a great job and are clueless about many things. There are those that society would rank as a low class occupation but have an ID that could blow off the charts. A persons happiness would probably be best defined by their compatibility by laws of attraction, communication and commitment.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • BoogyBoo answered 6 years ago
    I think so. Just bc you are a salesgirl does not mean you are not smart. I like to know what's on that person's bookshelf. It tells you actually about their smarts more than a degree sometimes. What did that person read bc they wanted to and were interested in rather than bc they were filling college credits.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • olderbutwiser answered 6 years ago
    If they both have a genuine respect, and admiration for the other, then yes, they can be happy. If they think the other is "less" than them, then, no, they will not be happy. Respect, and love, will hold them together if they have it for their mate.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Dani answered 6 years ago
    Yes. Happiness in marriage depends on a lot of different factors, so be sure before you make the commitment. To answer your question, though, people with different educational backgrounds can have a happy marriage. My marriage is pretty happy. :)
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Ellis Wyatt answered 6 years ago
    As long as the one with more education is the man, then yes. If it's the woman who is more educated, she'll eventually resent her mate for not making enough money, etc.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Sign In 

to add your answer

• Optimist answered 6 years ago
    They can, but there are more challenges.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • daniel b answered 6 years ago
    Don't worry teachers aren't that smart
    • Rate
    • Comment

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Total Answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow