Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

would you inform your one night stand about your pregnancy?

he would probably be mad if he knew i got pregnant so should i even tell him? we dont even talk anymore....

Favorite Answer

If you believe that your one night stand is the father then you should inform him. Whether he is happy with you or not doesn't matter. Your child needs to know who his father is. And it will help you out in getting child support when the time comes.

Good luck.

I did And they have a great relationship my son is now 14 years old and his father loves and supports him.I thought about it and thought that he had a right to know, my son and his father look like twins although Way back then we did do a DNA for military reasons. And he has given him what ever he needed all this time and he lives on the other side of the USA

we live in hawaii and he lives in newyork

Good luck and congrats

PS and i just met him the once never seen him again until one day he called my number to say Hi and i told him i was 4 months Pregnant,

If its his, then you should, if it could be his have the baby and get all the guys tested, weither or not he wanted a kid your pregnant and if you are keeping it he has the right to know and it could help you out in the long run! Good luck

Yep I think you should. He may not care about you or want a relationship with you but he has a right to know he has a child. If you tell him and he chooses to do nothing then it is his loss. But he can't use the excuse "I never knew".

Well... Yes. He does deserve to know. Let him make the decision to be a man and take care of his baby, Or be a child and leave you high and dry with all the responsibilites. But I do feel he has the right to know. Especially if you are going to carry this pregnancy.

the guy has NO right to be mad. he was completely willing to make a baby if he had unprotected sex with you. so of course you should tell him. that way once the baby comes you can get child support from him (if you plan on keeping it). good luck.

If you are absolutely sure that he is the father....you should

Now you know that "one-nighters" can quickly turn into " the next 18 yrs"..of diapers.... if you don't use protection.

By the way, I think regardless of your decision, you SHOULD talk to your mom. Wish you the best.

well if you don't talk anymore, you've got nothing to lose if he gets mad. and if he gets mad he doesn't deserve the kid. but it is just as much his child as it is yours so he's got a right to know. but don't at all let him try to influence you on keeping it or not because that (i don't believe) a guy should have any say in.

Tell him, It might be the best thing to do!! My boyfriend is a daddy, he said he wouldn't trade it for the world... you'd be surprised how most guys react after they meet a baby... haha I don't think he would OR should be mad... it was his actions and yours that caused this to happen

If it's his, and if you're going through with the pregnancy, I believe you should tell him. If nothing else, he should bear a financial responsibility.