Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 1 decade ago

Does your neighborhood use neighnorhood watch?

Are you part of a neighborhood watch? How do you join this group? Does it help where you live at?

Favorite Answer

We do have a neighborhood watch in my neighborhood. I don't know how organized it is. I brought up the idea to my neighbor across the street who is a councilman but I wasn't able to help coordinate the group and fell out of the loop. Anyhow, months later I heard it was in place and it seemed to be helping with less older teen kids hanging around on the corners at night and people felt more secure after a break-in on our block. I think it's a good idea, and at the very least, to "keep an eye out" for any suspicious or possibly illegal activity and if it's warranted call the police, which can be done anonymously. Likewise, just watching out for neighbors and making sure they're alright and everything looks like it should around our property seems like the right thing to do. You can usually find out how to join a neighborhood watch group by calling your local police department as most groups have a police dept. liaison/contact. Hope this helps.

The Watch is an excellent program and the local police come and give talks on a regular basis, tips on how to avoid being a victim. Where I live we have our own neighborhood watch; everyone knows everyone and we stick together and watch out for each other and we have a lot of young men who take our safety and well being very seriously and have no problem taking matters into their own hands when the situation arises. We also have a satellite police station by the pool, but honestly, neighbors are your best bet, they're already there and can help you much faster than the police can. The signs are good though, and do discourage would be criminals.

No. I've found that, with few exceptions, it's best not to associate with immediate neighbors. I've been burned enough to know that, in this neighborhood where most are renters and on public aid of some sort, it's better to just keep to myself.

I have a three neighbors that I associate with because we all understand that friendship doesn't mean "You give to me and I take from you". The rest, someone could come in with a truck and remove all their stuff and I'd probably not even notice.

Yes we have neighbour hood watch and yes we are a part of it and yes we do think that it does help, and if you have it where you live and want to join in you find out through your community group who is the block coordinator for your area and then go to him/her or the next general meeting.

I'm out in the country - no neighborhood watch or any need to.

The neighborhood watch will help - it will make the members more aware of their surroundings, and by discussion with neighbors, make them more aware. Criminals don't like aware neighbors, so are more likely to go elsewhere for their ill deeds.

• a

No, no one talks to each other in my street.