Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

should i get a scottish terrier?

and how do i train it

Favorite Answer

A Scottish Terrier is an energetic and stubourn breed. Very happy to lay on the couch and sleep, less happy to agree to a walk in the rain. They have a habbit of sitting with there back legs and waiting till you give up. Funny to some. Anoying to others.

They are a mucky little fella too being so short to the ground mud and sticks get caught in the hair easily and need cleaning out daily. Grooming is a job fro the groomers really you can learn if you want. Clipping to give the normal shape you expect to see or hand stiping a more posh version is around £30 clipped and £40 stripped. They also get a lot of food in that beautiful beard. :-)

They are about 10 inch high and weigh about 20lbs they eat about the size of a tennis ball 2 x daily in food 400g approx.

They can be trained the same as any other breed. Puppy classes and behaviourists can work with you. Many rescue centres have a training class from there or know of one. Apart from the wilful stubbourness I would say As long as you are prepared to brush, feed, walk and pick up after and pay for boarding costs around £8 a night if needed, vacination cost about £40 a year and working and fleaing about £40 a year as well as the idea that if not properly trained they may chew things pee on the carpet and such Then yes I do think this is a great friend for you.

Hope this helps Good luck.

Scotties are typical terriers...head strong and independent usually don't like children...like to guard their territory and their owners, think they are bigger than they are so may try to take on a bigger dog. So if you like this type of personality go for it. I would start training it as a puppy so it understands you are the boss.

you should get a Scottish terrier becuz they are loving, adorable, and good companions. They will listen 2 what you say and you should praise them when they listen because that will make them feel proud. good idea 2 get 1!!!! the girl in front of me is sayin they are evil, well SHE IS WRONG!!!!!!!!!!! it was probably a puppy and she was probably teasing it and she MADE it bite her. she's totally wrong. GET 1!!!!! soooooo cute!!!

scotties are very independent dogs and can be stubborn, but they are also very cute and loveable ours just don't like to be held, as far as training them you train them like you do any other dog.

Nooooo! One of those things bit me when I was wee. My hand is still all scarred! Evil Things!