march asked in HealthMental Health · 1 decade ago

Could I have ADD if...?

Can depression be a symptom of ADD?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Hi...I sent you a checklist used for ADD/ADHD.

It is not necessarily a symptom but it often goes hand in hand.

I think the experiences kids with ADD go through in school and such can cause depression too. Also,Biological imbalances of serotonin and norepinephrine of may lead to both disorders. My son has both, and right now treating the depression symptoms instead of the ADD is helping some.

Go to a doctor and tell him/her how you're feeling...or your parents can go to the Child Study team in your school who will get the ball rolling to get you some help. Don't feel embarrassed about it. Remember we are ALL different, and we all learn in different ways, no two people are alike.

Hope you're feeling better very soon! Hang in there kiddo! Better days ahead!

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No. ADD has become one of the hot new diseases to have. Most people who are diagnosed and take meds for ADD don't truly have it. Depression and ADD are on two opposite ends of the mental health field. Depression brings you down, while ADD brings you sky high! A person who truly has ADD is constantly in motion. It's impossible for them to sit and watch a movie without constantly getting up and moving around and doing something, such as cleaning. A depressed person has no energy at all. It's almost like they're moving in slow motion. They're constantly tired, even though they may be sleeping or lying around alot.

• 1 decade ago

Yes, you can. In fact, with girls and women depression can be a major sign of ADD.

Also, doctors are becoming more aware of bipolar being misdiagnosed as ADD or depression.

Here are some sites to dig a little deeper:

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

no....add has nothing to do with depression or depressive symptoms, you probably cant pay attention because youre depressed not add

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Depression could be a symptom of ... depression.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Generally speaking, no, depression is not a symptom of ADD.

That's my understanding.

• 1 decade ago

yes, but there are many more symptoms...........

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No, ur just EMO

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.