promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Who would win in a fight between Iran and Saudi Arabia?

without the help of anyone.

Iran has better technology now.

Arabia is just more bigger.

and say the battle ground is Iraq after US troops leave.

Update:

"Iran was unable to fully defeat Iraq in an 8 year long war during the 1980's. I don't think they've improved very much since. "

actually yes they have.

that only happened because they had just been through a revolution and werent very stable.

now, Iranian forces have Kevlar body armor. i dont think the arabs have that yet. just go on youtube and look up "Iranian military" you will be supprised.

Update 3:
Update 4:

the top one 1st one is the Iranian army

2nd is arabian

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Both have horrible militaries. Iran was unable to fully defeat Iraq in an 8 year long war during the 1980's. I don't think they've improved very much since.

Saudi Arabia is the most totalitarian state on the planet. I bet most of their soldiers are conscripts who are only there at knifepoint. In 1979 the Saudi military couldn't even drive 200 terrorists out of Mecca and had to bring in French commandos to finish the job. In 1990 they had to ask us to come over and protect them from Iraq.

To answer you question: A repeat of the Iran-Iraq war of the 1980s would ensue, with neither side ultimately winning anything and lots of people getting killed for nothing.

Edit: At least Saudi Arabia would have the support of the majority of the Muslim world, especially Arabs. 90% of Muslims are Sunni and 10% are Shite. Saudia Arabia is Sunni and Iran is Shite.

You said that no one would be helping but that's not a realistic situation. Muslim fighters from all over the world would join Saudi Arabia, especially when you factor in that it houses Mecca and Medina, the holiest cities to Muslims.

Another edit: They may have been able to hold back the Iraqi invasion, but they didn't fully defeat Iraq. Kevlar suits alone don't determine who wins a war.

• hussein6 years agoReport

well,all of these possibilities are rarely happening cause at a war everything happens nobody knows when why and where i would say saudi arabia for reasons :
      oil,US support,the two mosques of muslims to help them,they're air force
      and also iran has some possibilities they could defeat saudi arabia

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Since we trained a large percentage of the Suadis air forces in Pensacola, FL (who were royalty by the way), and provided them with F-16's (dual cockpit), the strength of the Saudis would be matched only by Iranian WMD's which are unknown at this point.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

that would be a good show down. I would like to see both of those bastard countries blow each other to pieces, but only if not US troops, US civilians, of Iraqi civilians (who are helping us) are involved

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Iran would win

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

And that was why Bush went there ? Well he didnt do a good job ;)

• 1 decade ago

saudi arabia for sure, they have the best air force in

the middle east second only to israel.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

neither one would win because fighting and killing is a losers game.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.