Why is it that we Christians cannot support those who are gay?

I hear some preach that we should "love thy neighbor" and show the love of Christ through our actions, and yet those same people tell us that gays, lesbians, bisexuals, etc. should not be tolerated because that would be"accepting an evil that is created by Satan" and that people with different... show more I hear some preach that we should "love thy neighbor" and show the love of Christ through our actions, and yet those same people tell us that gays, lesbians, bisexuals, etc. should not be tolerated because that would be"accepting an evil that is created by Satan" and that people with different sexual preferences are bad because "God only wanted people together who were man and woman like Adam and Eve".

I think that as good Christians, we need to be there for those with different beliefs and views, especially since studies say homosexuals are more likely to be depressed and suicidal.

Jesus didn't put down people. He accepted them and showed God's love though ACTIONS. We need to stop being Christian and start being more like Christ. I am Christian and I know that there will be those that hate me for this, but why is it that we cannot at least be there for those with different beliefs and lifestyles?
Update: Umm Convictionist? I am sorry for offending you. It's just that I was running out of letters and also that this question doesn't necessarily refer only to people with different sexual preferences. "Lifestyle" could refer to a different religious view or anything. I am sorry to anyone else I might... show more Umm Convictionist? I am sorry for offending you. It's just that I was running out of letters and also that this question doesn't necessarily refer only to people with different sexual preferences. "Lifestyle" could refer to a different religious view or anything. I am sorry to anyone else I might offend.
Update 2: I also think that the rest of us Christians need to remember that we were all sinners too before we accepted Christ. Is it any more sinful to be homosexual than it is to swear, listen to rap, watch scantily-clad women perform during half-time shows, or to be jealous of another person?