Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceTaxesUnited States · 1 decade ago

additional tax rebate?

i was told that some pple are to recieve an additional refund in the summer of this year is this true? if yes who qualifies?

2 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    The rebate plan is currently in the Senate.

    Under the terms of House bill, individual taxpayers would get up to $600 in rebates, working couples $1,200 and those with children an additional $300 per child under the agreement. Families who make at least $3,000 but don't pay taxes would get $300 rebates.

    The amount of the proposed rebate depends on how much taxes you paid on your 2007 return. If you are single, you would be eligible to receive a rebate of up to $600 if you paid that much in Federal Income Tax. If you only paid $350 in taxes (less than the $600 rebate limit), you only get back $350.

    If you had over $3000 in income, you would qualify for the $300 minimum.

    Click on the referenced site below for more info.

    Nothing has passed Congress yet, so everything is subject to change.

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    Yes, though it hasn't been 100% approved yet. It will be $600 for singles, $1200 for married, w/an additional amount for those with kids.

    the income limit is around $85K I believe (or 110K for couples). EVERYONE who filed taxes and made under that amount qualifies.

    Checks will go out between may and july, if it goes through.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.