If I am an independent contractor do I fill out a W4?

I'm an independent contractor for a company and they want me to fill out a W4 in order to get paid. I thought they were supposed to just give me a check and at the end of they year they give me a 1099. Doesn't me filling out a W4 suggest and employee - employer relationship instead of an indepenent... show more I'm an independent contractor for a company and they want me to fill out a W4 in order to get paid. I thought they were supposed to just give me a check and at the end of they year they give me a 1099.

Doesn't me filling out a W4 suggest and employee - employer relationship instead of an indepenent contractor relationship?
Update: They are also wanting me to work from 8 - 5 and write down what calls I make and log in and out for lunch.

This just seems like it's too much of an "employee" status and not independent contractor.
Update 2: They are also wanting me to work from 8 - 5 and write down what calls I make and log in and out for lunch.