Can I substitute regular liquid mustard for dry mustard?

I'm making a baked mac-n-cheese and the recipe asks for dry mustard. Would it make a difference?

I meant the recipe calls for sorry.

Favorite Answer

I think it should be okay. However if at all possible,use what the recipe calls for, because it can and may change the taste... You can always leave both out, it's mac and cheese,.. I don't stick mustard it in at all, though some do, I don't particularly like the taste.

Substitute For Dry Mustard

It shouldn't make much of a difference. Because you are baking it the extra liquid won't make a difference. I've substituted liquid mustard for dry mustard before and it has never affected the recipe.

regular mustard has vinegar in it and dry mustard doesn't. But I've substituted also.

For something like that, it would work just fine. When cooking food, everything can be altered, however baking is a science and much harder to alter. I use regular mustard in mine, when I use it.

dry mustard and prepared mustard are 2 different things

Omitting the mustard will be fine...sound like the same recipe I use...

Yes you could, just taste test it as you add, until you get the degree of taste or hotness to your liking.